can i ask a stupid question please? (also couple other questions too :) )

Tinkerbell1987

i love minimins me :)
Its my nephews 1st birthday today so everyone decided to go for a meal, managed to pick a pub rather than for an indians or italians luckily!

I had gammon steak with jacket potato and beans, and tomato and pineapple, this would still all be syn free on EE even though its from a pub right?

I know the tomato and pineapple (4 rings) probably wont be a 1/3rd so i just ate less of the rest to try and make them 1/3rd haha!

Also another question while I am on, its my sons 1st birthday next week, so he has a tea party at the in laws this weekend and one with my parents and family the weekend after, both for around 30 people each and i dont want anyone (part from both sets of parents) to know i am on a diet, i am making a buffet for both parties, what food could i take for myself, that i could eat and nobody would really notice that it wasnt the same as theirs? (and how many syns would be in an average birthday cake, for a small piece - i would still like to have some, as i am making it, so i would rather plan those syns in advance and stay in control :) )

thank you!

Hi
Sorry to bring bad news but the pineapple was probably tinned so won't count. I always order a side salad with no dressing to a meal like this to make up the third super free food.

Hi
Sorry to bring bad news but the pineapple was probably tinned so won't count. I always order a side salad with no dressing to a meal like this to make up the third super free food.

i would just count it as flexi syns move on you cant go back change it so dont worry about it.for the parrty chicken drumsticks ham pickles home made dips sauces snack a jacks pasta salad make half syn cake all sorts mate

i would just count it as flexi syns move on you cant go back change it so dont worry about it.for the parrty chicken drumsticks ham pickles home made dips sauces snack a jacks pasta salad make half syn cake all sorts mate

was meant to quote first post sorry

they prob SAID it was fresh, ...... fresh outta the tin, its difficult as when eating out you can never be sure
you know what i do though, if im eating out or going for tea with the hubby it usually once a month and i rarely eat out any other time.
i just eat SW at home in the morning and afternoon say, and then go for a meal i evening and have something i REALLY enjoy without counting anything, and just write the day off and start afresh the next day, i find it easier and also helps me think well thats my nice stuff out the way and be good all week now, which i am.
i guess im trying to say that if i went our for a meal and counted it id be eating something i maybe wouldnt enjoy as much so id rather go and not count it, bloody enjoy it and get back on the wagon the next day lol than go count it and sort of enjoy it!

For the buffet there is loads of stuff you can have. Mentioned above the chicken, ham etc, you could make syn free coleslaw to take, syn free potato, rice or pasta salad. A whole meal roll is a healthy extra, carrot sticks with syn free dips, check out the recipe section on here there are a couple of buffet threads with loads of great stuff. For the birthday cake syns will vary depending what kind of cake so my advice would be to say to yourself that you ate going to have one slice, really enjoy it and flexi syn it.

I personally wouldn't worry about the pineapple ring being tinned or fresh... and everything else seems free! :)

And for the buffet everything mentioned above sounds great, you could also make egg mayonaise and just have plain egg halfs yourself, the slimming world pea curry is delic and syn free so you could have that and boiled rice, also in the latest mag I saw a nice recipe that had these spicey chicken piece things and they were syn free too!

Back