Can i ask

I think you do need to syn if you grate it, cook it or puree it. If you grate apple & then put it in hot porridge it is basically getting cooked - last time i did it it dissolved to nothing. Tbh though i don't think most people do syn it.

Thats why i grate it so it cooks really quickly and down to nothing but sweetens and bulks up my porridge as my 28g looks rather lost in the bowl :)

I think if it's one apple in your porridge then it's fine not to syn it as id normally have porridge & a piece of fruit.

Thats my personal opinion tho, and I do bend rules occasionally!

I think if it's one apple in your porridge then it's fine not to syn it as id normally have porridge & a piece of fruit.

Thats my personal opinion tho, and I do bend rules occasionally!

Officially it should be synned but I follow your logic I would be eating the apple anyway - Ok no 1 blind me with science as to how the apple gives off more sugars when its cooked - its MY apple and I'm not synning it, and ya can't make me :p *Picks up apple and stomps off home*

WelshCake said:
Officially it should be synned but I follow your logic I would be eating the apple anyway - Ok no 1 blind me with science as to how the apple gives off more sugars when its cooked - its MY apple and I'm not synning it, and ya can't make me :p *Picks up apple and stomps off home*

Pmsl!!!

kingleds said:

My sentiments exactly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lol sorry for the 'science' but I would say it's probably to do with calorie density - fruit would lose a lot of water when it's cooked so 80g of fresh apple would have a lot less calories than the same weight of cooked/stewed apple.

But as you say, if you'd eat the one apple anyway it shouldn't do much harm grating it into your porridge and the serving size hasn't really changed :) It's one of the lesser naughty tweaks at least!

Lol sorry for the 'science' but I would say it's probably to do with calorie density - fruit would lose a lot of water when it's cooked so 80g of fresh apple would have a lot less calories than the same weight of cooked/stewed apple.

But as you say, if you'd eat the one apple anyway it shouldn't do much harm grating it into your porridge and the serving size hasn't really changed :) It's one of the lesser naughty tweaks at least!

LA LA LA LA LAAAAAAAA I can't hear you lalalalalala :p

I have on average 10 syns a day,sometimes 5 sometimes 15. I use them when I want them, idont ever think I can't have them. I've lost just short of 1.5 stone in 10 weeks ;) eat them!

Back