Can i be in your gang?

urbancookie

Hi Everyone,:)
Started the Atkins Diet last week, first time of trying it and had my 1st weigh in yesterday, lost 3lb have to say i was a bit disapointed would have liked to have lost 5lb (those 2 extra lb's would have made all the difference) anyway i also brought some ketostix yesterday but find the instructions quite confusing to be in ketosis what colour should i be? done the test this morning and there was no colour change still the beige colour is this good or bad?
Im still working through the Atkins book but find it a bit hard going, im still eating a small amount of salad (small amount of tomatoes) and green veg. Also finding the carb counting per portion quite confusing is there a carb counter tool anywere i can use. Trying to drink loads of water but cant drink it plain yuk! have to have a dribble of cordial in it, how about volvic water is that ok think ive read somewere that its fine to have.

Thanks for letting me join your gang, think im going to need a bit of support and maybe a kick up the butt now and again and i think i can depend on you lot ;):)

welcome aboard hun and good luck with your journey

sue xx

HI & welcome.
Check the ketostix in morn, it should be at least the light pink, it`s very close to beige & quite hard to tell, try first thing in morn.
I use fit day to keep check of carbs, but it`s very american.
Well done on loss so far.
Also try & eat lots of salads & veg, and at least 2 litres of water, the more water the more you lose..

Thanks both for your reply's.
Ive had such a bad day today. All week ive been waiting for this energy boost to kick in, im on day 10 today and have been feeling soooo tired all week so much so had to have a lie down this afternoon after work and slept for 1hr which is unheard of, whats going on?

Are you taking multivit/mineral pill every day.
Make sure your carb intake is mostly from veg and salad.
Some people feel like this for 2 weeks, give it a few more days for you body to catch up with you.

Back