Can I Control Myself Over the Weekend?

westiegirl

Gold Member
Um, I've been back on CD for a wee while now (with a couple of planned breaks) but I am now facing the bank holiday weekend right during TOTM.

I have eaten over the last couple of days (including just eating lunch in work) and would really love to be able to exercise some emotional control this weekend and stick to SS 100%. Losing the weight is so important to me but at this time of the month I just find it so darn hard!

Facing the dilemma of struggling the whole weekend and feeling miserable or accepting (what may be) the inevitable and just eating. If I go for the former and fail it's likely to be rubbish I eat but if I go for the latter I might be able to be more controlled and eat more sensibly (but that's not necessarily true either lol).

Really not sure what to do. Advice, opinions or even a good slapping would be appreciated!

Hi Sarah,

I always read your thread so is good to see you are doing well on CD - also my gan lives in Colwyn bay so I know the area quite well and I kno whow hard it is not to wander round the pier and stop for an ice cream at LLandudno or however you spell it hehe! :)

Why don't you try 790'ing it or so this weekend. Have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch and then a meal in the evenings that way you can still have some sort of control. Try and stick to the 790 as much as possible but if not make sure it is 2 shakes and 1 meal a day thefore you're in control!

Or here isyour SLAP.....BANG! Sort it out you have done it before for months and coped brilliantly you can deal with 1 weekend surely!?

Good cop/Bad cop routine huh hehe :)

xx

well hun i dont know about you, but during my totm the only thing i want is high carb food. if you do decide to eat is this what you will be reaching for?
you say u had planned breaks before, did that work for you in the past? maybe u could try that again? for instance, stick with the diet but plan to have a treat of some sort on sunday afternoon and focus on that when you are struggling. just an idea, but i find this works for me.

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: sendin u loadsa hugs! think u need them!!

Losing the weight is so important

Make a plan and stick with it.

Coming off SSing makes it harder to get back on each time.

If you feel you will eat, either commit to AAM or 790 and this way you will stay in ketosis.

If you have the time split your packs in two and have six mini meals throughout the day and it will keep your blood sugars level.

hugs.gif

Hi Sarah,

Try and stick to the 790 as much as possible but if not make sure it is 2 shakes and 1 meal a day thefore you're in control

xx

Unfortunately doing two shakes and a meal is a very unhealthy way of doing CD since the three shakes per day are designed to give complete and total nutrition.

Hi babes

Hmmmm that's a tricky one. Usually if anyone questions their commitment to something, they usually end up giving in to whatever they are trying to resist.

It's all about POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. I won't eat this weekend. I will stick to sole source. etcetera.

As soon as you put an option in there then you'll fall of the wagon EVERY time.

The first thing to decide is if your head is in the right place for this diet. Excuse me for saying that you blame your TOTM every month for breaking the diet. It's an easy get out clause for you but the only person your hurting is yourself.

You done a long stint of LL for how many months? 6 was it? So you somehow got over 6 x TOTM's. If you can do it once you can do it again!

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you did say we were allowed to give you a good slapping.

Ask yourself a simple question :

What is more important to me - eating or being slim?

And then possibly a second question :

At the end of each day do i feel better after eating or after sticking to SS?

I think you make your dieting life far too complicated for yourself with your constant analysing and criticisng of yourself. If you would just see it in simple terms then you MAY see a better result. EATING = being fat. SS'ing = being slim and making all your dreams come true.

Doh! lol (sorry).

Love you!

Weekends are dead hard aren't they:(

This bit really caught my eye
Facing the dilemma of struggling the whole weekend and feeling miserable or accepting (what may be) the inevitable and just eating.
I think we are so used to wanting something and struggling with that 'want', knowing that it will inevitably lead to food. What about really excepting that you want stuff, but treating it differently? Separating the two things. 'Want' is one feeling. 'Eating' is another.

It's when we fight the 'want' because we assume that it means we are struggling and so we will go for food, when in fact, we are just used to 'wanting'.

Accept that you will want. It's almost bound to happen, but know that you don't have to 'have' just because you 'want'. Know what I mean?

I'm a great believer in visualization techniques, which is weird, because on the surface it seems like a lot of hocus pocus jiggering new age thing, which I don't usually go for :D

But there is scientific proof that it works. By visualising yourself doing exercise, you can actually strengthen you muscles. It's been proved many times, and is a technique used by many atheletes, musicians etc.

Why not visualise yourself going about your weekend tasks and then having desires for food....then visualise yourself not acting on them. Keep practising it, and when the time comes you'll know what to do :)

Hi Sarah,

I always read your thread so is good to see you are doing well on CD - also my gan lives in Colwyn bay so I know the area quite well and I kno whow hard it is not to wander round the pier and stop for an ice cream at LLandudno or however you spell it hehe! :)

Why don't you try 790'ing it or so this weekend. Have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch and then a meal in the evenings that way you can still have some sort of control. Try and stick to the 790 as much as possible but if not make sure it is 2 shakes and 1 meal a day thefore you're in control!

Or here isyour SLAP.....BANG! Sort it out you have done it before for months and coped brilliantly you can deal with 1 weekend surely!?

Good cop/Bad cop routine huh hehe :)

xx

Hi Nat

You got the spelling of Llandudno spot on! Do you get to visit here much? If you're down again and fancy a coffee give me a shout!

Thanks for the slap. Um, 790 is certainly an option. I think I will have to dig out my CD booklet and see what the low down is on it.

It might just work for me!

well hun i dont know about you, but during my totm the only thing i want is high carb food. if you do decide to eat is this what you will be reaching for?
you say u had planned breaks before, did that work for you in the past? maybe u could try that again? for instance, stick with the diet but plan to have a treat of some sort on sunday afternoon and focus on that when you are struggling. just an idea, but i find this works for me.

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99: sendin u loadsa hugs! think u need them!!

You're dead right about the high carbs - yep that's what I usually reach for. Bread is my "thing".

Planned breaks before have been ok but I must admit that I've not really had that many. Mostly my breaks have been a major fall off the wagon and the guilt and struggle that follows. But this is usually when I don't give myself permission - if I give myself permission it's usually better. For example last Friday was my birthday and as I was so hungover I told myself I was ok to eat. I had 3 meals that day - no over stuffing, no snacks inbetween and all fairly healthy - no struggle or anything. Back on the wagon again no problem on Saturday. I am just wondering if "permission" to eat this weekend rather than banning food can be the thing that makes the difference.

Thanks for the hugs - I definately need them!

Make a plan and stick with it.

Coming off SSing makes it harder to get back on each time.

If you feel you will eat, either commit to AAM or 790 and this way you will stay in ketosis.

If you have the time split your packs in two and have six mini meals throughout the day and it will keep your blood sugars level.

hugs.gif

Thanks Mini, as always very sensible advise. Might be best to split packs throughout the day and have a aam based meal at night.

I will definately have a plan by the end of the evening. No doubt as I am so anal I will need a plan to make the plan but I will definately plan something! Although the best laid plans and all that............

Hi babes

Hmmmm that's a tricky one. Usually if anyone questions their commitment to something, they usually end up giving in to whatever they are trying to resist.

It's all about POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE. I won't eat this weekend. I will stick to sole source. etcetera.

As soon as you put an option in there then you'll fall of the wagon EVERY time.

The first thing to decide is if your head is in the right place for this diet. Excuse me for saying that you blame your TOTM every month for breaking the diet. It's an easy get out clause for you but the only person your hurting is yourself.

You done a long stint of LL for how many months? 6 was it? So you somehow got over 6 x TOTM's. If you can do it once you can do it again!

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you did say we were allowed to give you a good slapping.

Ask yourself a simple question :

What is more important to me - eating or being slim?

And then possibly a second question :

At the end of each day do i feel better after eating or after sticking to SS?

I think you make your dieting life far too complicated for yourself with your constant analysing and criticisng of yourself. If you would just see it in simple terms then you MAY see a better result. EATING = being fat. SS'ing = being slim and making all your dreams come true.

Doh! lol (sorry).

Love you!

Babes, you know the reason I love ya so much? You straight talk and that's the reason why I did this post and invited a slapping.

It's so hard to explain how TOTM makes me feel, but when I'm in the midst of it I really don't give a feck what I eat! My TOTM has worsened dramatically since last year when I was on LL. Doctor partly attributes it to the stress of moving (my monthly cycle went out the window - one period lasted 4 weeks and drained me totally ) and the return of my depression (even though I was still taking my happy pills, the dose had to be doubled). I was always prone to food cravings before but managed to control them. Partly it is my own doing, 1) I definately comfort eat more because I miss my friends so much from Edinburgh and still have yet to find those people around here that I have much in common with 2) Last year I lived in a house without food so at TOTM I literally had nothing in to eat.

I agree that much of it is just excuses - in fact I amaze myself at how creative I can be!

Your simple questions really do have simple answers - I want to be slim more than I want to eat and I do feel better after SSing, but as I say
at TOTM I really don't give a sh!t!

Gosh, what a nutcase. Please slap me again, then lock me away lol!

Unfortunately doing two shakes and a meal is a very unhealthy way of doing CD since the three shakes per day are designed to give complete and total nutrition.

that's not completely true im on the 1200 plan and i have 2 shakes a day plus a multi-vitamin tablet in the morning and then of course 900 kcals of low gi low carb foods

Weekends are dead hard aren't they:(

This bit really caught my eye
I think we are so used to wanting something and struggling with that 'want', knowing that it will inevitably lead to food. What about really excepting that you want stuff, but treating it differently? Separating the two things. 'Want' is one feeling. 'Eating' is another.

It's when we fight the 'want' because we assume that it means we are struggling and so we will go for food, when in fact, we are just used to 'wanting'.

Accept that you will want. It's almost bound to happen, but know that you don't have to 'have' just because you 'want'. Know what I mean?

I'm a great believer in visualization techniques, which is weird, because on the surface it seems like a lot of hocus pocus jiggering new age thing, which I don't usually go for :D

But there is scientific proof that it works. By visualising yourself doing exercise, you can actually strengthen you muscles. It's been proved many times, and is a technique used by many atheletes, musicians etc.

Why not visualise yourself going about your weekend tasks and then having desires for food....then visualise yourself not acting on them. Keep practising it, and when the time comes you'll know what to do :)

Thanks Karion, very interesting indeed! Um, need to think very hard about this and separating "wanting" and "eating". Yes I will inevitably want this weekend but it is likely to be lots of things that I want and when I can't have them the next best alternative is food.

I am sure I will want a hug from my loving partner this weekend, but as I don't have a partner a choc biscuit will have to do. Except how will that make me feel better? It's a vicious circle isn't it. I'm too ashamed to put myself out there to find the loving partner because I ate too many biscuits but still I eat the biscuits. Crazy thinking that'll get me nowhere!

I believe in visualisation too but I must admit to not practising it as often as I should, and generally letting my mind wander instead! This week I have been revisiting my Paul McKenna books and have spent every morning visualising how great my life can be and I must admit that I have actually had a pretty good week! Practise and consistency is the key. How many days does it take again to make something a habit?

I am sure I will want a hug from my loving partner this weekend, but as I don't have a partner a choc biscuit will have to do. Except how will that make me feel better?

Exactly, and since you know that, you know that your 'want' for food you don't need (which I call addictive desire), is actually nothing to do with having food :D Which is why (in my case anyway), giving into the want doesn't actually do a lot for more than a few moments. Cos it wasn't really what I wanted anyway, just thought I did through habit. Blimey..confusing myself now :D

Well it's saturday afternoon and so far so good!

I have had a fruits of the forest shake and a choc orange bar.

How wrong I was about wanting but not having hugs - spent a wonderful morning looking after the most gorgeous boy in the world, my lovely nephew Alfie. Walked him around a bit, fed him and then he fell asleep in my arms.

His Mum had gone to the bank and my Mum was cleaning up my brother's flat so I got him all to myself. We then watched the football. Could it get any better than watching my team (Liverpool) win while having a cuddle.

Have just been down the shops and bought a chicken breast fillet and some lettuce leaves for a AAM style meal tonight. I also bought some lolly moulds reduced to 50p a set in qs so I can make lollies to "pick at" tomorrow as Sundays are always my worst day!

I've read this thread with great interest. Karion is giving direct but fab advice as usual! I've just been off SS for 10 days & a on restart day 1 today... how hard?!? Stick with it! You don't want to go through all of this again! Remember why you want to lose weight I remain focussed on that during the tough times. Food used to be the answer to every situation for me. Turning that around is hard as you have to deal with things you don't really want to. It will be worth it though!

I've read this thread with great interest. Karion is giving direct but fab advice as usual! I've just been off SS for 10 days & a on restart day 1 today... how hard?!? Stick with it! You don't want to go through all of this again! Remember why you want to lose weight I remain focussed on that during the tough times. Food used to be the answer to every situation for me. Turning that around is hard as you have to deal with things you don't really want to. It will be worth it though!

Yep, very hard indeed it is! Good luck yourself with the restart.

I am really trying not to use food the wrong way this weekend and I'm also trying to be extremely positive, because as Karen said by even placing a doubt in my mind then I'm more likely to fail.

Well I guess I can call today a success.

I have had 3 packs and a meal.

My meal consisted of a chicken breast piece with cracked black pepper and salad leaves, cucumber and green pepper. Ok, I must admit that I did have one of my Mum's potato rostis and a bit of her mushroom sauce. But it wasn't a full blown carb binge fest.

Roll on tomorrow!

Back