Can I dip my toe in, please?

Hi Jen

My weigh day is Wednesday, however if its not good then I weigh myself on Saturday, it seems I lose on either of those days, sometimes if I am lucky I lose on both, never put on, on both which I am grateful for.
So fingers crossed for tomorrow.

The Wii fit, don't worry the more you do it the younger you get :)

~ Janey what is £3.00?

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm back in the land of the living again.
We got back from Greece and then went straight into half term madness where I don't get a moment that doesn't have 1 or more children in it. My oldest has some nasty exams next week so when I wasn't sorting out the youngest and his friends I was studying such intriguing subjects as the battle of gettysburg, latin translations and xylem and phloem.

Halloween over, ghouls put away for another year, and children back at school, my time is my own again!

I haven't had the time (or solitude) to weigh myself since before half term (I do it on the wii, which is in the kitchen and always full of people). I have done really well food wise (with a couple of exceptions.. chinese noodles mmmmmmm)
but yet again the wine will be my downfall. If I have managed to stay the same, I will be grateful.

Jenny how did you get on yesterday? Is the new regime of healthy eating and exercise working out (pardon the pun :p)
and PP has the demon drink got the better of you or are you fighting back!!

We all sound like a bunch of alchoholics, and all we want in life is a glass or 2 of wine with our friends without putting on half a stone! Blimey.. I thought Vodka and tonic was safe, but I believe it's the slimline tonic. If you use the ordinary stuff, you may as well have sweet sherry!

Maybe we all need to change to the drinking man's diet.. booze and olives..:D

Let me know how you all are - I've been thinking of you but hamstrung with little people!

Juno .. xx

Hi Juno and Pink, and everyone else....:wave_cry:
I am doing terribly.
I am a failure.
Since stopping GL I had one STS and then last week put on 3.5 lbs.:cry:

Its really bad. I am Pi**ed of with myself big time, and don't know what to do to get my mind back on track.

I am very very hungry and eating everything again- no moderation here and craving all sorts of bad things.

I am going to the curves gym 3 x week and feel more toned (and tired) but its also giving me the most ferocious appetite for bread, toast, crumpets and sweets.

I don't know what to do next. I think I need more structure than just pretending to do healthy eating and failing miserably. Have even looked out my old slimming world book to try and give me some inspiration ( I don't want to go to my old meeting again though as the consultant became too irritating and critical on my last two joinings).

Hope you are both doing better than me. :break_diet:

Any advice or words or wisdom appreciated.

Jenny.

Now stop that right now!!!

You've tried something that hasn't been right for you.

You aren't the failure... the diet is.
You want to eat everything in sight because your body wants to put back all the weight you have lost. It hates change.

Go back to when you were in control, and pick up where you left off. You were doing really well with low carbing. Were you happy with that? Do you think you could do it again?

If you can, then the gentle blanket of ketosis will descend and you will feel much better.
If you can't then just sit down for one afternoon and eat everything you want to (until you can't face anymore), Take a deep breath and give yourself permission to have whatever you want if you really want it and stop fighting with the demons inside! Then, when you are feeling more like yourself make some decisions about how to go forward.

I felt like you do now when I came off cambridge, and my weight just kept on going up and up, even though I was eating normal healthy food. Then the demons kicked in and I gave up and entirely failed to put the brakes on, and I am now the terrible warning instead of the good example :rolleyes:

Right now, you are so emotional about it that you might jump into something before your head is ready to go, which (as we all know) dooms you to failure and makes you feel lots worse.

The positives are
1) you are moving your body (in the right places too) at curves
2) you were successful until you lost your way.
3) You have realised the problem after only 3.5 lbs (which is MAGNIFICENT! - 3.5 lbs is just water weight.. one trip to the loo could sort that out :D)

I've only lost 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks, but I know why :party0036: so now I'm back in the real world and ready to carry on... and so can you!

..and I need you to stick around..

Juno .. xx

Hi Juno,
Still here- don't fear.
I have decided this is just a blip. I'm not gonna give in or give up ( just not too sure yet what path to take to get the scales moving again). So many choices.

Thank you for your kind words.
I have been feeling emotional- you are right- I am taking some time to think bout my options...and to try and accept that slower wt losses are ok, and that this is going to be a long journey with many ups and downs ( the long and winding road is playing in my head right now!).

I am very tempted by trying slimming world on my own.
I don't know if I can continue with low carb longterm as I miss fruit/ veg and yogurts tooo much.
I also know I am going to have to reduce my wine consumption to see the scales moving in the right direction.

I am very pleased with myself for sticking to curves gym for three whole weeks and really feeling a difference in my flabby arms and waist already.

By Monday I will have decided what I am going to do for the next month. I promise this to myself - right now.

However till then, I am going to make healthy choices and not pig out on rubbish.

Well done you for 2lbs gone during holiday- thats great, and I hope you all had a really fab time. Some things are more important than diets- its worth remembering that when times are low.

On a really positive note I'm proud that I have not had a single bit of xmas food yet ( mince pies filling the office table fast) and i plan to stay away from all the festive trappings that are starting to creep into view so early.

Hope you are well- have you weighed in this week already?

Jenny. x

PS I love my Wii!!!!!!

I'm so glad you're back, Jenny!! :D

If it's the fruit, veg, and yoghurt that's the problem then let me say that I've been eating all of the above!

I looked to see which were the low GI fruits and am sticking to those.. strawberries, blueberries, the odd pear, the odd apple.
I have a bowl of fruit (generous bowl :eek:) with 2-3 teaspoons of nuts and seeds and dolloped (generously) with probiotic vanilla yoghurt every day.. usually for breakfast.
I have everything else in the veg department (except potatoes) as and when I fancy,and have meat with sauces as long as they are creamy (thus low carb) or tomato bases but not sweet.
I use lettuce instead of bread or rice.. so lettuce around a burger, shredded lettuce under a curry, and it's amazing how much better you feel (I think I'm allergic to carbs because they make me feel sooooo sleeepy).
..and I have 1 glass of wine a night.. and I know that's an issue for both of us. Have it in a tall glass and add soda.
Cream cheese wrapped in salami as a snack, smoked salmon deli filler, or egg mayonnaise with celery to scoop for lunch. There's a lot of nice things when you really get creative.

When it's all been too tempting, I've gone for the 2 bite rule.. you only taste the first 2 bites of anything- after that your taste buds blank out, so I've only had 2 normal sized bites.
Cake, chocolate, tortilla chips.. and it's been fine!

I've lost another 3 pounds since tuesday, but I think that just my liver emptying out after the last couple of weeks..

The fact that you've carried on with curves shows how committed you are, and HUGE brownie points for not turning into an eating machine and eating everything in sight (as I probably would have done!)
Maybe just a slight readjustment.. or even go back to go lower (or buy some of their products from the website.. I know the breakfasts were good for you) and the way will be clear again.

Personally I think if you keep on exercising, cut out the rubbish (bread, cake, sweets), and forget you are on a diet the weight will drop off you!

If slimming world has worked for you before and you know your way around the syn/green day/red day/ stuff then go for it!

You are the best person to know what works for you.
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Meanwhile make sure to keep me posted!!

Juno .. xx

Right.
Hi Juno
Here we are. Decision made and have decided to try SW again ( the lure of free foods is tooo tempting) and gonna do it on my own with out the patronising comments from old consultant of last 2 SW attempts. I did loose 2 stone three- ish yrs ago with SW and think it works ( as do all diets) if I actually stick to the rules.

I will stick to the rules.

WI was this am and have managed a STS- so thats a total of 3.5lbs on since stopping GL and going to the curves gym 3x week and pretending to eat heathy but kidding no-one .

Well done you on loosing 3- thats great and you must be so pleased. You really are commited Juno and I love hearing your words of wisdom like the two bite thing (made me chuckle that did- can you really stop after 2? Don't think I could)

Off now to buy emormous amounts of fruits and veg to fill my house and hopefully keep me as full as an egg.

Hows your weekend going? Thank goodness the fireworks have ended- Dogs really spooked here and we can't even see or hear the fireworks ourselves!

Be Good. Jenny. x

Hi Ladies,

Jen, Juno's right and I am glad you have realised it's just a blip.

I love the idea of 2 bites and I think you are right. I had a flapjack the other day at work I started of by enjoying it and then guilt and then thought I am not enjoying it and yet I still finished it.

Juno I saw a program where they used lettuce leaf instead of a burger bun, they put a slice of tomato, raw onion and mayo on a lettuce leaf, then they put a home-made burger (made of minced turkey/chicken) on the mayo and wrapped the lettuce leaf around it all ~ looked very healthy and we are now looking forward to next year's barby.

Jen, I think if you fancy something you should have it, if you feel like you are denying yourself something you will want it more and over indulge, so have some of what you want but not lots of what you want ~ simples.

Well done on the curves we have been doing Wii Fitness Instructor every morning, only 15 minutes at the moment but it's a start.

As for drink... we have decided not to have wine in the house, as if it's there we have it, now we are only going to buy a bottle of plonk if we feel like it on the way home from work and only one bottle.

We hit a plateau and GL suggested we keep off the cheese for a week or 2 and now lost 3lb so hopefully back on track.

We had pizza yesterday, well our version, GL salami on a baking tray, sliced shallots on top and then grated cheese on top and then picked at it, it was lovely.

We are all human and go off the rails but we gotta think what we want and then choose the better alternative, like the lettuce leaf instead of the bun.

Well done on the decision!!
I sometimes think getting the commitment is the hardest part.. then all you have to do is wait for it to work :D

The new wii fit plus arrived last week and the whole family was up doing ski jumps until gone 9 last night. My oldest son has the most incredible sense of balance.. he is bang on without even having to look. He gets 350 metres jumps. I managed 24 :rolleyes:. His natural ability clearly doesn't come from me.

I am so with you about the fireworks! One of my dogs hates any kind of strange external noise.. thunder, helicopters, gunfire in the distance (from the army base.. we don't live in a warzone!) and especially fireworks.

I've had the poor dog in my lap since Thursday night. At least I've worked out the one about feeding them before it gets properly dark. If one firework goes off, that's it.. no eating or drinking. I have to go and stand in the garden with him for his last wee at night.. and it goes on around here, on and off, until new year. Ugh..

Off to do the last minute revision with my boys.. exams start tomorrow and I am doing one whilst husband does the other. Geography, Latin and French today.. pray for me!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend..
What is your new weigh in day? I need blow by blow information!!

Juno ..xx

Hi Ladies,

Jen, Juno's right and I am glad you have realised it's just a blip.

I love the idea of 2 bites and I think you are right. I had a flapjack the other day at work I started of by enjoying it and then guilt and then thought I am not enjoying it and yet I still finished it....
Flapjack!!??? Flapjack!!!!??? You never told me about no flapjack!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh OH...

Outed on the internet! :)

Juno ..

He's not really my husband he's a stalker!

:)

Check out if he's cute before you call the police..:D

xx

Hello Juno and Pink,
How are you both doing? All going well here and I'm doing fine with SW so far- 2 days in and eating very well and enjoying the plan. They seem to have this new thing called extra easy so you don't have to do the red/ green days anymore if you don't want to and last night I had spag bol and it was lovely ( very pleased with myself for finding this new SW plan and lots of info on here!)

Juno- How are the boys exams going- Latin? (didn't think anyone did that anymore) I had to do 2 years of it many years ago and still tremble with fear at my old witch of a teacher trying to make me learn lists of nouns and adjectives!

Off to the Gym now- I know its only 7.30- but gotta fit in my half hour before work as so busy at work and half my team seem to be off with swine flu! I am waiting for my first symptoms but no sign of them as yet- far tooo healthy prob!

WI day staying Sunday- Wanna try and keep something the same despite all my changes of plan over the weeks!

How are you both doing?????

Jenny x

Pink- You'll have to be more carefull with what you post on here- Unless we try to develope a secret code for naughtiness to stop you being found out!

Really noticing my weight change, we have now got 3 black bags of clothes that are too big for us.
I had like a tyre around my waist for ever and now I seem to be getting a nice shape again, also I feel younger if that makes sence.
Still losing weight but ever so slowly, it feels slow after losing so much so quickly at the beginning. Secretly hoped to lose about 4lb a week but now slowing down to 2lb a week...I know a loss is a loss but I wanted a quick loss. :(

Hi Pink hon!!! First of all Well done for such a fantastic weight loss so far :happy096:

Even tho its coming off a little slower now the main thing is its still coming off.

It must feel so fantastic getting rid of your old clothes as thats proof you mean buisness and your never gona fit in them again :D

:bliss:

Back