Can I ditch the shakes...

dollface

and have the flapjacks instead?

The pharmacist seems to think it is ok to start on flapjacks and soup alone but I'm not sure he is very clued up on Lipotrim in general.

Can anyone advise?

you can have the flapjacks and soup, but every time u have a flapjack u need to have a glass of water with it to replace the water u would have been getting in your shakes xx

Thanks girls, I will call LT and ask, should have thought of that myself...

I'm starting on Monday you see and the thought of the shakes is terrifying me, I don't drink tea or coffee but would gladly drink more water to compensate.

I have a phobia about drinking anything that isn't clear, I know its stupid but the thought of it turns my stomach!

I think the worst that could happen if you had 2 flapjacks & 1 soup everyday is it may slightly slow down the weightloss as the flapjacks are slightly more cals, but even so you will still be having a very low cal diet. I would give LT a ring the lady there is really helpfull x

i think ur right about the one flapjack a day pinkie. u wud have to have the flapjack for brekkie and then have soup for dinner and tea.

unless of course u wanted soup for breakfast! lol

Good luck with the flapjacks, 99.99% people find them utterly uneddible!

Technically, you are meant to have only 1 flapjack per day. However, as long as you were having all the extra liquid, I expect you'd be fine. On the Cambridge Diet, people regularly eat more bars than they are meant to and still lose.
However, I am going to be honest with you. If you haven't already bought the flapjacks, I would ask the pharmacist if you can have or buy one to try first. Be aware, they are very hard to eat. Most people (though by no means all) do find them totally inedible - never before have I thrown away £10 worth of food with no qualms lol! Of course, you could get used to it, or dare I say it you might be better off doing the Cambridge Diet where apparently the bars are very nice.
Either way, once you've made your choice, you WILL be able to get through it and get used to it and lose the weight, and probably end up adoring whatever foods you choose by the end.
GOOD LUCK xxx

Thanks for all your replies. I spoke to the Dr at LT and he said I could do without the shakes as both the shakes and the bars have all the essential nutrients.

I will take the advice though and buy one now on my way home and test it. I think if it turns out that it does taste like camel-ass, I might have to reconsider the whole thing.....
:cry:

Thanks for all your replies. I spoke to the Dr at LT and he said I could do without the shakes as both the shakes and the bars have all the essential nutrients.

I will take the advice though and buy one now on my way home and test it. I think if it turns out that it does taste like camel-ass, I might have to reconsider the whole thing.....
:cry:

you mean after all that you haven't even tasted them?????

have u tasted the soup?

oh dear, you're in for a BIG let down!!

No Vikki, I havn't tasted any of it, I only heard about the diet yesterday and was planning on starting on Monday?

As I said, I have a phobia of drinking anything that isn't clear hence why I was worried about spending £36 on shakes that I might not be able to manage. I was trying to be sensible and make sure I didn't let myself down on the first day by buying into something that I am destined to fail?

The good news is, I went into the pharmacy and they gave me a shake, a soup and a flapjack to test. I've eaten half the flapjack and found it fine. I mean, it wasn't yummy but it wasn't gross either.

I am going to try and make the shake in a mousse style so if anyone can advise me how to do this, I would be most grateful.

Thank you to however suggested I get a sample, I was really anxious about the diet until now and after tasting the flapjack, my initial excitement about starting the diet is back.....

Oh good, if you like it, you like it. To make the mousse just use less water and mix the powder into a paste then put it in the fridge or freezer if you're in a hurry to chill it. ;)

and have the flapjacks instead?

The pharmacist seems to think it is ok to start on flapjacks and soup alone but I'm not sure he is very clued up on Lipotrim in general.

Can anyone advise?

Oh wow, my idea of hell!

good luck!

well all the informations you need are on dvd and paper work and as well in here so dont worry about it!

Oh, that's great, I'm so glad you liked it! Guess you will be joining us on the diet on Monday then - that's brilliant. The mousse recipe will be on the bag they give you your Lipotrim in, along with all the other info xxxx

Back