Total Solution Can i do it again???

I didn't meet my fella at my heaviest, but I was overweight and I have put on a stone since we've been going out. He really doesn't seem to have a problem with it - he's honest when he says that if I was a lot heavier (you know, lost waist definition / gained multiple chins) he wouldn't find me attractive, the same way that I wouldn't find him attractive if he put on 5 stone. But he loves the person inside the body. He's also honest in that he thinks he would find me attractive skinnier, a little because I'd look "better", but mostly because he thinks I'd be happier in myself. To clarify (because that might have made him sound bad) he finds me very attractive as I am at my current weight, so it's not like I feel I have to lose weight to keep him interested!

I must admit that, no matter what weight I've been at the time, I've never found any problem with finding myself a man if I wanted one (the problem was usually getting rid of the damn things) - in my experience men find self-confidence and entertaining personalities as attractive if not more so than being skinny, not least because you can take a fun, fat girl and encourage her to be skinny, but you can't take a boring, skinny girl and encourage her to be fun.

Even if men do rate body shape highly in their list of desirable characteristics, when you meet "the one" you find yourself compromising on your list of "must-haves". I never EVER would have gone out with a smoker until I met my OH; he turned out to be a 20/day committed smoker of many years and absolutely adamant that he'd never give up... which he's done - mostly for me. So really, trying to lose the excess to see if I can be a fun, skinny girl is the least I can do for the both of us.

Back