Can I do SW if pregnant?

Lay

Hello,
I am back to Slimming world again for the third time and for some reason I have been finding it very difficult this time only been back on just over a week and really struggling not to eat choc and realised I had missed a period, so that lead me to think about me being pregnant which I think I might be even though the tests are saying negative, they did when I was with my first until I was nine weeks as my body doesn't carry as much of the hormone detected in the tests. So just to be safe in case I am wondering if anyone has done SW while pregnant? I am not at meeting this time as I just cant afford so close to Chirstmas so looking for some answers if anyone can help....should I maybe up my a and b but still stick to it...still want to be healthy and loose weight but if there is a baby then its obv more important! Thank you for anyone who takes the time to reply :) xxx

There is no reason at all not to do it. Slimming world is just healthy eating after all. It might be that you are allowed two hex or something. I'm sure someone who knows will come along but I'm sure there is no reason to not eat this way! Pregnant or not!! Good luck, let us know! X

You definitely can, although it's not easy it is perfectly safe to do. If you are doing EE you get an extra HEXA and B. There are no guidelines for green or red but I give myself an extra HEXA and B anyway as I only do green days ;)

I've been doing SW since well before I was pregnant and although I've not been on it all the time and have gained quite a bit of weight my midwife has been fine for me to carry on with it as much as I can. There's a whole pregnancy section on here with lots of us who do SW if you have any other questions - whether there's a baby in the offing or not. Good luck! :) x

I should mention that you have to get approval from your midwife if you are pregnant but it's unlikely they'd say no unless you're underweight as SW is a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. :)

Oh I am deffo not underweight so that should be fine! Thank you so much for your replies I feel much better now I want to keep up with SW as it makes me feel better with more energy etc so I am pleased I can carry on an I always use my syns for extra cheese or milk anyway so now I can just have the extra, if I am that is! Ill have a little look at the other forums etc I have only just fond this site my sis told me to have a look so still figuring out how to use it. Thanks again xxx

Oh I am deffo not underweight so that should be fine! Thank you so much for your replies I feel much better now I want to keep up with SW as it makes me feel better with more energy etc so I am pleased I can carry on an I always use my syns for extra cheese or milk anyway so now I can just have the extra, if I am that is! Ill have a little look at the other forums etc I have only just fond this site my sis told me to have a look so still figuring out how to use it. Thanks again xxx

Don't forget to use your syns for something else though! I'm a believer in making use of whole plan, including syns :) Good luck with it - however things turn out for you xxx

Yep! I joined 2 weeks ago at 16 weeks. You do get 1 extra hex a and 1 extra hex b. I lost 5lb my first week and second weigh in tonight. Your consultant will have a guidance booklet for while you are pregnant and if you choose to breastfeed. Hope this helps!

Theres a pregnancy section. As said already it's perfectly healthy to follow while pregnant. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to lose or be too strict while preggers cos it is hard. Especially when craving pizza, cadburys caramel and cherry tango like I was!!

Or marmite on toast, cheese on toast and pizza like I am! It's hard work sticking to SW if you have food cravings/aversions but it's possible. Just don't put too much pressure on like Mrs CC says :)

Back