Can I do this?

With the dinner I plan to have (chicken, roast potatoes and baked beans - random I know but I love it), because I'm not having a third of my plate with super free foods, can I just have them after? I plan to have strawberries, raspberries and blueberries after. Can I do this or should I just have veg with my chicken instead?

I would definitely eat a third veg with your planned dinner. The third is meant to cut down on your intake of the free foods. Alternatively you could leave a third of your plate empty if you intend on eating fruit afterwards.

Agree - eat a third less if you want to do this. Otherwise you are in effect taking in a third more calories (yes I know we don't calorie count but the point of the 1/3 sf rule is to naturally reduce calories taken in without having to count). So maybe half the potato and beans, or just have one of them if you are adamant you don't want veg.

Yes you can have your superfree for dessert if you want to or if superfree does not fit with the meal you are having. They regularly show meals like that in the SW magazine and other publications so it is perfectly fine. :)

The whole point of the 1/3 superfree rule is to naturally limit the amount of free food you eat. Eating superfree after the meal defeats the object. You could eat your fruit before as that would alter the amount of "free" you would eat as a meal to feel satisfied

I know the SW magazine meals dont follow this which I'n surprised about as it goes against the EE plan

I wouldn't advise this however one meal out 21 in a week isn't going to make that much difference! Wouldn't recommend you to do this often.

Have a bowl of soup first made with super free that way your filling up before ur meal having super free after means u could over eat

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will sometimes skip the 3rd superfree rule if I really just don't fancy veggies with my meal, but I don't really snack through the day and I will eat loads of veggies with at least one meal in my day! I think if you don't want veggies, don't eat them for the sake of it otherwise you might get fed up of them! (well thats how I justify it to myself ;))

Back