Can i eat a full quiche?

Most people on here are, or were at some point overeaters. I think this approach is fine at the beginning of your weightloss journey... As someone said, better than satisfying hunger on loads of sweets, cakes, bread etc.

At some point you may well need to tackle portion sizes and I suspect this will be when you start to STS or gain towards the latter part of your weightloss journey.

That's the beauty of SW, it allows you to gradually change your eating habits to one that is sustainable for a lifetime without having to feel hungry all the time and still lose weight. Good luck. Ps I ate half a quiche today myself! Lol!

Most people on here are, or were at some point overeaters. I think this approach is fine at the beginning of your weightloss journey... As someone said, better than satisfying hunger on loads of sweets, cakes, bread etc.

At some point you may well need to tackle portion sizes and I suspect this will be when you start to STS or gain towards the latter part of your weightloss journey.

That's the beauty of SW, it allows you to gradually change your eating habits to one that is sustainable for a lifetime without having to feel hungry all the time and still lose weight. Good luck. Ps I ate half a quiche today myself! Lol!

For me personally even at the start with a BMI of 43.3 I was so clueless about portion sizes I had to be careful right from the start, and regularly eating things a like a whole quiche caused me to have very small losses even at such a high weight.
But if it doesn't effect ur losses I'd go for it!

Can you freeze quiches? And do you have to defrost them before reheating.

Sorry for sounding dumb xxx

frankied said:
For me personally even at the start with a BMI of 43.3 I was so clueless about portion sizes I had to be careful right from the start, and regularly eating things a like a whole quiche caused me to have very small losses even at such a high weight.
But if it doesn't effect ur losses I'd go for it!

Absolutely my point. Depending how much of an over-eater you are will determine at what point you start to STS. But I do feel that if you 100% food optimise AND stop when you're full then it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I think eating when you're NOT hungry is a problem but satisfying true hunger with free (and some superfree) isn't a problem. My half a quiche (equivalent to 3 eggs half tub quark and about 4 rashers of bacon and loads of veg) and HUGE salad at lunch sustained me all afternoon and I took a 40 minute walk (half all uphill pushing about 5 stone of pram and boy as well as my own excess 5 stone). Whereas someone else may have eaten less lunch also had free food snacks in between and not moved a muscle but consumed pretty much the same in nutritional value!

Like you say, be guided by how good your weight losses are and adjust if necessary if you are 100% and not losing.

I usually eat the quiche throughout the day, some with salad for lunch and maybe some for snacks if I'm hungry. My portion sizes are big but that's what satisfies me. My oh goes mad at my plate fulls but it stops me eating crisps and buttered toast in between meals. X

Personally I make neutral quiches, i.e. S/free only, but I make 12-16 mini quiches (volume depends veg used) and use them as snacks, they normally last 3 or 4 days in the fridge, generally get in from work, put the dinner on and munch a couple with a cuppa , whilst waiting for it to cook....sometimes I'll have 4 with salad for lunch, topped up with fruit & stuff when working from home.
I only make them once a month I guess

Back