CAN I FREEZE THIS ????

poppyowner

Silver Member
Today I am making a synfree Peppercorn Sauce to go with my steak and chips, I need to know - this is the first time I have made the sauce and so don't know how much there will be ......... if I have any left over - CAN I FREEZE IT ?

Here's the ingredients

Onion
Garlic
Chicken Stock
Crushed Peppercorns
Worcestershire Sauce
VLF From Frais

Can I freeze this if any left over and if not - how long could it be ok to be kept in the fridge?

Thanks

Jill

I would say no to freezing this because of the fromage frais. With these recipes you usually stir the ff in at the end, so you could separate your portion before adding the ff to that and freeze the remaining fromage frais-free (try saying that!) mixture? It's a bit of a faff but might be useful. Otherwise the sauce should be fine in the fridge for a few days.

Hope this makes sense! :)

in my opinion when you freeze it and then defrost it the fromage frais would more than likely separate

I tend to agree. in the same way that low fat creams etc don't cope with boiling, i think it will be the same with freezing. Can you not freeze some without the fromage frais and add that when you come to use it?

I made this last night & froze it but I guess it will be a bit watery when I defrost it but I freeze most stuff even sin free quiche & they come out ok but sometimes a bit watery if you know what I mean!

Back