can i get back on track?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alfreedo, 18 February 2011 Social URL.

1. alfreedo

alfreedo New Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    :DHi everyone - hope all is well.
    ive done slimming world before and was successful but like so many peeps, i let myself slide even told myself and friends and family - that because of my love affair with food i was born to be fat. haha who was i kidding. after a christmas of being ill with flu and a chest infection i made up for it in january and crammed in good food and lots of wine and blue wkd's (god knows how many syns in a blue wkd) . no mid feb and god i have piled on so many lbs. i sit down and can see the bulges of fat spreading out of my jeans and its not a pretty sight standing in front of the mirror.
    which is why ive logged on to this forum. i followed another forum in the past but there format has changed and much prefer this. - a forum has helped in the past and i hope it will keep me on track this time.
    I have my first ski trip in exactly a month so have too stick to sw and hopefully i will. just may need a push here and there. hope u will help me.
    i plan to do extra easy - has worked in the past. just need to stick my lips together when i go in and work in the chip shop!! any tips in stopping myself be naughty at work.
    well im sorry if ive gone on a bit. sorry.
    hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
    love h

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MommyNOriana

MommyNOriana Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I work in a restaurant. Food is EVERYWHERE. The best way to handle this is to BRING FOOD WITH YOU. Yogurt, apples, grapes etc. Anything to snack on when the urge strikes. After a while, resisting that "automatic" response of shoving a random chip in your mouth will stop. I had to catch myself a few times when I wanted to just take a nip at my daughter's sugary cereal. The reaching for one is such an automatic thing. I've stopped. I can't tell you how. I've just retrained myself to avoid such a knee jerk reaction.

My best advice is to have something else to munch on - or drink. I ALWAYS have something to drink on hand. Tea, water, diet coke, low syn hot choc etc. Seems to do the trick for me! Best of luck to you!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.