Destamia

Gold Member
Hello to everyone,

I saw in my dreams that I need to make a thread called " Can I have 1 fish please ?" So here I am.

This is a thread about SW friendly fish dishes. Everything you can think what to do with fish, anything you want to share, please you are more than welcome to post it here.

I love fish and have it on my plate at least few times a week if not even more. I would like to share my ideas for fish with you and would like to be inspired by you too.

For starts, I will share one of my favourite fish snack /breakfast/jacket potato filling ... from smoked salmon

Smoked salmon and cottage cheese mix
syn free

mix together syn free cottage cheese and any smoked salmon you have, I use Asda smoked salmon trimmings.
1 pack of trimmings and 1 pack off cottage cheese. Mix well and serve. I usually have it with crisp bread but I also have had it with my jacket or with my omelette. All up to you =) Tastes good, easy to make and very filling

Smiles Moo

Smoked salmon and cottage cheese with crisp bread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
Grilled red mullet with roasted summer vegetables and pesto dressing 5,5 syns

Syns come from pesto and olive oil. I would think that changing the oil to fry light would work too.

You will need;
Red mullet - 2 fillets
Salt
Pepper
Fry light, optional

Summer vegetables; courgettes, aubergine, multi-color peppers, red onion.
Fry light
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
Marjoram
Thyme
( or mixed french herbs)

Pesto dressing
1tbsp of green pesto 3,5 syn
1tsp olive oil 2 syn

Method.
Prepare all vegetables, season well and lay on an oven tray. Cook in pre-heated oven 180 C about 15 minutes. Vegetables should be a bit crispy. To make it really nice add plenty of fry light and give vegetables quit after 10 min.

If you own a grill heat it well before placing fish on the grill. If you don't own a grill you can use pan or oven to cook the fish.
Season fish with salt and pepper and spray with fry light if you want to.

Cooking fish on grill;
Put fish on grill and leave it for 4-5 minutes.
Cooking fish in the oven; place fish on an oven tray ( use backing paper ) and spray fish with fry light. Cook about 10 minutes.
Cooking fish on pan;
Cut the same size of cooking paper as your pan is. Place paper on the pan and preheat the pan. Place fish on pan and cook both sides for 3-4 minutes. The paper will not allow fish to stack on the pan and you won't need to use much oil or butter for frying.

For pesto dressing mix olive oil and pesto paste together.

Serve with lemon wedge.

Smiles Moo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
We eat loads of fish (I'm pescetarian), but a firm fav is either salmon or trout fillets, wrapped in foil, with seasoning of choice (I use the Schwartz perfect shake fish seasoning), then baked in the oven. Only takes about 10-15 minutes at 200C.

I also love tuna steak, flash fried, served on top of a salad of rocket, watermelon, spinach and a Healthy A choice of feta. I season with a little lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic and chili. I've stopped using Frylight - but you could use that. Mine works out at less than half a syn per portion, as I find I only need 7 sprays of Olivio Bertolli olive oil.

I saw a great recipe on Eat well for less recently it's lovely and my fish eating daughter (9) loves it.
Square of baking parchment/greaseproof paper
fold in half
layer sliced sweet potatoes, green beans, leeks, broccoli (any veg you have)
place frozen fish fillet on top
drizzle with olive oil if required or lemon juice and herbs of choice
make into a parcel and microwave for 5 mins (fish steams veg!)
quick, easy, healthy, cheap tea !!!
We love it!

image.jpeg
I had a look in the cupboard and came up with this today. Was so easy, and super tasty. Even my fussy eater scoffed it all and even asked for seconds!
1 Tin of tomatoes
1 onion (chopped)
3 cloves garlic
2 smoked haddock fillets
Salt & pepper

I sautéed the onion until translucent in fry light, added the garlic, and the tin of tomatoes, breaking them up in the pan. Then I cooked it down until most of the liquid was cooked off.
Spread it into a ceramic casserole dish, placed haddock fillets over it and bakes in the oven for 20 minute at 160.
Served it with broccoli, carrots, and the kids had theirs with rice.

Back