Can i have a rant about the OH please?

kingleds

Gold Member
I want to beat him silly! He is trying to get the pin for his credit card, and because he has a phobia of phones tried to get it online - but locked himself out of his online account & was told to phone a number to get it unlocked. But won't, because he hates phones. He's now called the automated service (cos he doesn't have to speak to a human that way) to get it sent out by post - will take 5 days. If he'd just phoned them to unlock the account online he'd have had instant access to it. Then he wouldn't be moaning about the fact he needs to buy a suit for a wedding this
Weekend and had no way to buy it!

I am going to cause him serious harm if he doesn't shut the hell up!

Oh how frustrating for you. Has he done anything to try and help with his phobia? I used to be so confident on the phone but am becoming more and more aprehensive when I have to use it. I think for me it's since I became a SAHM.

SAHM? Something I'm missing?!

And grrrrrr @ men! They can be so silly and illogical sometimes! Silly Billy's!

(Of course I am presuming you mean a hatred type phobia rather than an actual phobia? Of it's a genuine phobia then I apologise for my rather harsh response!)

Feel free to rant away...that's what we're here for :D

He says its a phobia - i think he being a big girls blouse & needs to sort it out!! Its not a proper phobia like my hatred of feet & spiders :)

Ask him to call and quickly tell him what he wants but tell the operator that he wants you to talk to them instead. Once they've identified him and have his consent it shouldn't be a problem.

Roziee said:
Ask him to call and quickly tell him what he wants but tell the operator that he wants you to talk to them instead. Once they've identified him and have his consent it shouldn't be a problem.

That would solve the immediate issue to be sure! I'm not even sure he'd do that though tbh -he REALLY hates the phone. I don't get it at all.

That's a really go idea, something I do with OH as he's no good at getting his point across without losing his temper.

SAHM = Stay At Home Mum:D

I really hate using the phone as well and try myself in knots over it. I would also put off ringing the bank and often won't even answer the landline if the OH is at work!

It isn't as bad as my phobias of blood, injections, spiders, feet, or seagulls though which are all really bad phobias of mine making me a pain in the backside to live with at times! I also really really dislike raw meat which I can't touch and having my neck touched.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I can understand the phone thing, I haven't got a phobia just a real aversion, so much so that I have to use 'the voice'!
My son says it's being posh, my sister reckons it's being precise, my Dort reckons it's my angry voice!

My hubby also has this aversion and it drives me nuts!

You could phone .They'll say they they need to ask his permission.He'll just have to say "yes" and you can sort it out before you sort him out!!

These are all good suggestions for the current issue but none address the long term 'my husband is a big girls blouse who is scared of the phone' issue. He's a 32 year old grown man ffs!!

I know i should be more sympathetic to his plight, but seriously ladies - he's scared of the PHONE!! A man with whom i conducted a long distance a long distance realtionship with for 18 months! So clearly he is not actually scared of the phone, he's just lazy!!!

What's his reason, specifically for not using the phone? Gosh, it'd be irony if he worked in a call centre!

Lol - he doesn't like talking to official people apparently. He doesn't work on a call centre though!!

I want to beat him silly! He is trying to get the pin for his credit card, and because he has a phobia of phones tried to get it online - but locked himself out of his online account & was told to phone a number to get it unlocked. But won't, because he hates phones. He's now called the automated service (cos he doesn't have to speak to a human that way) to get it sent out by post - will take 5 days. If he'd just phoned them to unlock the account online he'd have had instant access to it. Then he wouldn't be moaning about the fact he needs to buy a suit for a wedding this
Weekend and had no way to buy it!

I am going to cause him serious harm if he doesn't shut the hell up!

PMSL

So what was the bit about for better or for worse again....?

;)

Actually you can't be married as poor bloke is still alive....just:cool:

Oh I love the fact you are calling him a big girls blouse hahaha

I am presuming you did used to talk on the phone when you were in a long distance relationship?!

Mini Mum said:
Oh I love the fact you are calling him a big girls blouse hahaha

I am presuming you did used to talk on the phone when you were in a long distance relationship?!

We did! Every day!! He has a real aversion to speaking to official type people (& my mother- which i totally get btw!).

I am ovrr it how tbh, but if at any point this weekend he goes on his 'i can't get a suit this weekend' moan i will not be held respomsible.

I swear we only every argue over clothes shopping & phones!!!

Back