Can I Join? Support needed :-(

HayleyPRC

Hi everyone

My name is Hayley and this will now be the 3rd time I've done Slimming World.

A little bit about me...I'm 36...mother of 3...one little boy aged 21 months and 2 angels...(daughter born 36 weeks in 2006, 2nd son born 29 weeks June this year...both in heaven :()...so as you can see I have been pregnant on and off since 2006...when I first did SW it was 2005 and I did quite well, reached my goal and maintained...and then fell pregnant...when we lost our daughter I was desparate to become pregnant again so didn't lose all the weight before falling pregnant 5 months later...I then had my son...a year later I fell pregnant again (but was a stone overweight still) and sadly lost my 2nd son 7 weeks ago...I am now 2 stone overweight and want to lose as much as possible so that I am as healthy and fit as I can be before I get pregnant again (yes mad I know but don't want my son to be only child and plus I'm getting on a bit!), we plan to start trying in a couple of months..then I'm going to stick with SW during the pregnancy...

I need a forum like this for support as I cannot face people just yet, my local SW leader is rubbish...not very motivating and if you don't go for a week or two she gives up on you really..nice! I have all the books, I know what I'm doing...just need the support and advice from other people doing the same...

Can you guys help?

Thanks for reading.

Hayley xx

Oh bless you, you have had a real rough ride but seem really positive. Your post is lovely, I love the way you say you have 2 angels xxx

Yes, we can help - we are always here and can help you with SW and other issues, read through the threads, we talk about all sorts of things!

There are many people on here who don't go to class and use this forum as their group, a lot do go to class but still love this forum for extra support - me included!
So welcome. xxx

Welcome to the forum, you have had some bad times recently, so hopefully we can help you to lose your weight here, everyone is so friendly and ready to give advice, so come and join us and good luck with your SW weight loss journry. X

Hello and welcome Hayley, everyone here will give you a lot of support to help get you through and achieve your goal, I appauld you for opening up to us all and trusting us with personal information about yourself that must have been difficult to disclose. Ask any questions you want or just join in with the chat, hope to be of some help in the future.

Huni...firstly I am sorry to hear of your losses...you really have had a roller coaster ride for a few years havent you??
Secondly...you dont need to ask to join, we are all here to help and support each other and give advice as much as we can, so welcome!
I dont go to a class, but I keep a diary on here (must update!) of the foods that I eat to make sure that I am on the right track. I would also like to think that it gives others some ideas if they are stuck.

Good luck with your journey...come on as much as you can and if you need help just holler...someone will answer as quickly as they can.

Take care.

Kerry-Ann
xx

Welcome Hayley and *hugs*, you have a had a rough time of it hun.

I don't go to class either so I find this forum a lifeline, everyone here is friendly and supportive so I feel as if I do go to class! Looking forward to hearing how you get on, take care xx

Thanks so much for your really friendly, welcoming replies and kind words.....it's nice to have somewhere to "go" instead of SW group......I really hate dieting!

I look forward to getting to know everyone better and hopefully getting some hints & tips and general support (as well as hopefully giving it too!) to everyone.

Hayley x

Hi Hayley -

First of all - I am so sorry for your losses. I am not a mother so I can only imagine what it feels like to lose a child, let alone 2.

Second of all - welcome!!! Everyone here is supportive and I find this site a lifeline, for SW and life in general. We're here to help with the SW side of things, and everything else.

Sorry your group C isn't much cop - but hopefully this place will kep you going.

Like Jaylou said, don't class this as a diet - it's a life change. You can have the treats you love still and as you know. Maybe consider Extra Easy? If you've not heard of it I am sure someone will help (I don't do it but it sounds great). It might help get back into things.

Good luck and welcome xoxox

Oh Hayley huge huge hugs!! I lost 3 babies, one at 4 months and twins at 5 months, i cannot imagine how you felt having carried for all that time - stay strong xx

Last year i joined SW and lost just over 1.5 stone, went on holiday and found out i'd fallen pg whilst there. Panicked and worried but am now mummy to our Gorgeous son Gabriel who is 5 months soon. Georgia-Mae (5) is now a proud big sister! Didn;t stick at SW but only put on 4lbs and re-joined 10 weeks ago!

Remember as others have said, SW isn't a diet..... xxxxxx

Hi Hayley, welcome to minimins - this is a great place to log onto for support. Sometimes, even if you do not want to post, it can help to read the threads.
I am so sorry you have had such a tough time, but you are making a positive move by joing SW again.
Lots of hugs, Tracy

Welcome along, happy to have you here :)

No matter what you want to ask or talk about, there is someone always here to listen and support you hun :) xx

Hey, Welcome to Minimins! So sorry to hear of your losses *big hugs* to you.xx

I do SW from home, and this forum has been a huge support network for me. Everyone here is in the same boat so we all know how tough changing eating habits is. I have a son, 15months, and it can be tough finding the energy to plan meals but people on here soon get me into gear!

Good luck with shifting the weight and again, welcome xxx

Hey, Welcome to Minimins! So sorry to hear of your losses *big hugs* to you.xx

I do SW from home, and this forum has been a huge support network for me. Everyone here is in the same boat so we all know how tough changing eating habits is. I have a son, 15months, and it can be tough finding the energy to plan meals but people on here soon get me into gear!

Good luck with shifting the weight and again, welcome xxx

Hello and welcome, You have had a tough time of it, so sorry to hear of your losses, ((big hugs))
You now need to look after yourself and starting SW again will certainly help with that. Loads of people do SW without going to group, I do go but to be honest most of the tips advice and motivation I get from here really. There are some great recipes on here and there is always somebody to help with syn values if you are stuck don't be afraid to ask.
Good luck to you! x

hiya and welcome along.
so sorry to hear about your losses but as you say you have two angels watching over you:)
dont think about it as a diet cause i was and tghen this week i realised that im not really dieting!im not hungry and eat loads,iv jst changed the way i eat.
i do go to classes but find that i love the mid week help from here.when you are having a bad day its good to know that you have people that wil keep you on track.
good luck on starting:)

Hi Haley, you have had an emotional time of it of late and I send you my heart felt sympathy for your pain. You are so welcome on this site and everyone will support you in whatever your needs. They are a great bunch and will be behind you 100% all the time. Hope you enjoy being here and joining in. xx

Back