Can I just eat one meal (a ball invitation)

acom

Hi :eek:
this is probably a stupid question but I have paid to go to a ball and eat a meal (I paid long time ago before starting LT).
Can I eat the meal and just carry on with LT or will it totally mess up the diet / ketosis.
I hear people say they have "fallen off the wagon" and have eaten then just carry on.
Is this the wrong attitude? Should I just give my meal to my friends that are going? :sigh:
I will need to carry on with the diet for approx 1 more month after the ball!
xx
:D

Personally, I say just go and enjoy the ball and the lovely night out with your friends - but DON'T have the meal. you will have better, quicker results if you stick to LT 100%.

OK, so one carb-free meal may not totally mess up the diet, it might not even kick you out of ketosis - but why would you risk it? especiaally if you'd be so close to goal when you did it...

The night out and time with friends is what's important, not the food :)

Hi Acom,
I agree totally with Elle-emm, I came back today after a wedding yesterday. I did not eat or drink anything that wasn't allowed. The waiting staff kept asking me if there was something they could get me, until the manager came over to ask. I told her I was not eating on medical grounds (I think Jan D had used this before and I thought it may work - and it did) They bent over backwards to ensure I had enough water, tea etc and I had such a great time I didn't take any notice of the food. I recognised it looked and smelt wonderful and listened to the guests describe it in technicolour but on LT we don't eat. So Cinders go to the ball but think of the fab dress you can wear and not what you can't eat. Enjoy.
Doirin

I agree with everyone here......being with your friends is more important than one meal. You will still enjoy it and if you are determined to stay 100% on LT, it wont bother you so much not being able to eat.

It will reward you so much if you decide to stay with it.

I personally think it depends on what you want to do, you could have a low carb meal, meat and veg say and then carry on with the diet, but would you be able to just carry on with the diet without wanting to eat for just another day or 2.

If you could just have that meal and not eat anymore then I dont think it will be to bad and all that dancing will help burn it off but you will put your diet back a few days maybe...

But thats all up to you, good luck with your decision

Back