Can i mix ee, red, green and still lose weight

mishmai

Hi everyone i am very new to this site and i browse for advice more than write on it. I am hoping someone can help me out here.

I do green and red days, depending on what food I have in cupboards will depend on which day i am doing, I have not done extra easy before but i would like to try it as i was looking at food diarys and it seems to be more of my kind of eating.

Anyways i was wondering can i mix all 3 days e.g. monday green, tuesday red, wednesday extra easy?

Yes you can mix whatever days you want and if you stick to the plan it works!
For me, however, only EE works as that is a plan I can stick to as it's normal eating, without thinking too much!
Good luck in whatever you decide.

as far as i'm aware it isn't too good (health wise) to do red days for more than 3 days continuous. You're supposed to have a break in between as in have a green day after the third red day. It is because too much meat isn't good for our bodies.

That isn't true, and I have no idea where you got that information! SW would not put red as an option if it were not healthy. I know some people only do red, and they are helathy and lose weight.
I do EE, because that's my choice but I have meat almost every day, when I don't have fish, but I also love my carbs so the two together, for me is bliss!

as far as i'm aware it isn't too good (health wise) to do red days for more than 3 days continuous. You're supposed to have a break in between as in have a green day after the third red day. It is because too much meat isn't good for our bodies.

Sorry, this is so wrong!! I have never ever heard this before!
Blimey, carbs are bad, meat is bad, whatever next!
Variety is the spice of life :D

It was a sw consultant who advised breaking every 3 days of doing red. She had said that it didn't mean doing a completely meat free day but sticking to a green day when the meat would be a healthy extra or syned is the right option.

I tend to agree with this because too much red meat is damaging to our kidneys and has other effects. Look at the effects of Atkins diet.

Maybe I am not being understood correctly but it is advised if red is your preference you would say for example have, mon red, tues red, wed red, thurs green, fri red, sat red, sun red, mon green.

Sorry, this is so wrong!! I have never ever heard this before!

It's a very common conception, based loosley in how slowly meat moves through our digestive tracts. A regular day off from meat helps ensure meat isn't sitting in a semi digested state up against your gut wall for any length of time.

Not that I eat meat! lol But this is a very commonly held belief.

SW make salt 'free' but that doens't make it 'safe'.

Going completely off thread here but is anything "safe"?
Meat, carbs, eggs, GM crops, processed foods, salt, bacon, aspartame are all things which I can think of in an instant which we have been told are "bad" for us.

If we had to have a break from red days, it would be in the SW book.

I'd be very interested to see SW's take on this consultant's comment!!

You're quite right, I agree. Everthing's cargogenic (sp?). Even carrots were at one point I think! lol

All I was saying is that I've heard that train of thought from many people, in day to day life, not just linked with 'dieting'. I was surprised you hadn't heard it before.

i love Red days, and only have a green or EE day if i have a carb craving....or the food in my cupboards dictates i have to!!!

I think you should tell your C she is passing on incorrect information. Perhaps she is new, or is trying to encourage people to have a variety of foods on plan....but if anyone on SW wants to have 7 days in a week of red days - they can, and they lose weight (im proof!)

Perhaps the SW consultant owns a pasta shop....hahahaha! x

I agree, the Consultant is giving out incorrect info!
For those who follow red, there is nothing wrong with it provided you have the HEXs and fruit and veg.
She should also be advising people to do EE, which is the main theme of SW.
I have always been a huge meat eater, and have had no health problems.
Today so much emphasis is suddenly placed on what is now classed unhealthy but was never classed unhealthy, and visa versa. Everything in moderation IMO.

This topic came up when discussing green and red days as alot of the ones in my group prefer the "old" way and we wanted to focus this session on discussing that instead of ee.

She is not new she is actually the longest running consultant in my area. Heres a few extracts from Slimming World book for you all to discuss seeing as you are so very harsh at telling me that I am wrong when all i did was offer advice.

In the food optimising book that I have it states “…..each day decide whether you want to have a green day or an original day and stick to that choice all day. You can make every day a green or alternate green and original days if you prefer” Pg 11

The green choice is a super-healthy eating plan that you can follow every day or alternate with original days……” pg 24

In the original days section on pg 46 it states ……. “aim to include some green days during the week to ensure an overall balanced diet”

These exact quotes are from slimming world, and obviously advocates that green days can be daily but that red days must alternate with green. It does not state that red days can be taken everyday.

^^ no need to take offence.

those words do not state that red days should alternate in anyway, shape or form. It says "aim to include..." just like on EE it says "try to make superfree foods your first choice for snacks etc"

I'll check my book when I get home, this is a new one on me!

you are so very harsh at telling me that I am wrong when all i did was offer advice.

In the food optimising book that I have it states “…..each day decide whether you want to have a green day or an original day and stick to that choice all day. You can make every day a green or alternate green and original days if you prefer” Pg 11

The green choice is a super-healthy eating plan that you can follow every day or alternate with original days……” pg 24

In the original days section on pg 46 it states ……. “aim to include some green days during the week to ensure an overall balanced diet”

These exact quotes are from slimming world, and obviously advocates that green days can be daily but that red days must alternate with green. It does not state that red days can be taken everyday.

all above noted - i apologise if you think i am being 'so very harsh', but it does say 'aim' in your quote not that you 'must'......

I have had weeks on Red and prefer it as it fits into my life better....

EB x

The original thread question was whether the OP can mix ee, red and green and still lose weight.

The answer is yes.

You will also lose weight sticking to the plan only on red, only on green or only on EE.

Nutritionally, adding in enough superfree fruit and veg to either red or green will make either eating plan as healthy as you need.

I can't find this in the current book. It is, however, in the book I was given when I started with SW in 2007.

Back