Can I please just ask....... If you only have a stone to lose.......

busybee123

If I only want to lose 1 stone to 1.5 stone Is Slimming world the right diet for me?

No disrespect intended, but the women in my office who have had great losses with SW also have more weight to lose.

I know its a healthy way of eating, however I do want to shift at least a stone and I'm upset with myself that I have gained half a stone already this year!!

Thank you.

Yes, SW works just as well when you have less to lose. Why not give it a try for a couple of weeks and see how you get on?

Right OK thanks.

I just read somewhere that it didn't work with people who had less than two stones to lose.

Thought I'd ask the question before starting.

Thanks

Yes it still works just as well you just obviously won't have "massive" losses that you may be hearing some people are getting. I re-joined and re-set my target and I managed to get 2lb under taking me down to 9st 5lb and to a size 8 so it really does work even if you don't have a lot to lose. I was losing gradually 1-3lb per week which I think is better anyway for your body :)

Right OK thanks.

I just read somewhere that it didn't work with people who had less than two stones to lose.

Thought I'd ask the question before starting.

Thanks

There's no such thing as a diet which only works if you have a certain amount to lose. SW is a healthy eating plan which works for everyone.

Hi, I lost 2.5stone, my losses were 1lb here, half there, I never got the really big losses some members get, but I did it. It will work just as well for you too. This is your journey, not anyones elses, and we are all different. Please give it a go if you want to lose weight, its a healthy way to go, and so easy to keep off. I have been at target for nearly 2 years, its just a way of life. :)

That's great to hear!
Thanks so much, I like this plan as there is no counting, it seems healthier And I can still eat out without worrying about points!

Thanks again

Yes it does work. I don't have a lot to lose (well, in my eyes I do). It's come off great! See my stats & diary :) Good Luck!

I wondered this too as I have just over a stone to lose but I have found that it does work. I have found that it has been pretty slow compared to others - I have lost 7.5 lb in 8 weeks, however the plan is very easy to stick to as you get to eat large quantities of great food. I think because I already had a lot of the good habits in place such as fry light, lean meat and skimmed milk maybe that's why it has been slow, also I do eat an awful lot. It's still going in the right direction tho and if it continues (and I don't see any reason for it not to) I should be at target within 4 months. Best of luck

My housemate was already a healthy BMI and only wanted to lose a stone, and she managed to get it off within 3-4 months, so yes, think it can work for anyone if they follow plan :)

Any diet will work if you have weight to lose. As has been said already, you're probably not going to lose 3+ pounds a week every week and are looking at a loss of 1lbs a week, but this is still a brilliant and sensible weight loss.

I also think you have to be realistic with your portions of free foods to make sure you're only eating when hungry and having just enough to satisfy your appetite rather than eating for the sake of it cos it's free.

As the others have said really with less weight to liar the losses may be smaller but you willl happen, and like the post above said, even those with lots to lose eventually only have a stone to lose and still meet goal. I have list two and half stone, and am now mainly a comfortable size 10 although this week had to but size 8 in a skirt and top, started off a 'just fitting' size 14.

Give it a go, it's worth a try for a month or so to get a true idea to see if it works for you or not x

If that were the case then no-one would ever get to target ;)

I was just about to write that! Yes, nobody would get to target because obvs at some point in the diet everybody has only a stone or less to lose.

Thats great guys! Thanks.
Some women at work are not happy with losing 1 lb a week and crash diet but it's sorry lived. I would much rather slower regular losses and to keep it off. Im a big eater. But im not picking at junk at all and im full. So far so good!!

busybee, that is a very healthy attitude! I only lost between half and 1lb a week, but I got there and have stayed at target for nearly two years. It can be done and with an attitude like that you will succeed. :)

Back