can i still lose weight with sw whilst pregnant?

Hi ladies
I have been lurking for a while lol.
So I was due to start sw next week...just found out I'm expecting my 3rd child. I just had a baby 15wks ago!!! :eek: lol

I am 4stone overweight and really want this weight off! I have never really gained weight in pregnancy, despite eating total junk.
Just wondering if I could actually lose weight whilst pregnant with sw?

Thanks hunnies xoxo

Sorry hun, that was a really brief and unhelpful post! What I meant to say was, a lot of people follow SW while they are pregnant and I think many people do lose some weight but obviously not a lot as you have the bump growing at the same time! Your SWC will be able to advise you properly about this. Welcome to the forum x

I have three. Third child i lost weight at normal rate till 12 weeks :) - so could get a stone or more off before the end of the first trimester if still early???

Wow pregnant after 15 wks! lol - your keen. I was 7mths when fell with third but breastfeeding so couldn't fall till after 6mths anyway. First period after finished bf and never had a proper one lol - no period for about 2 years LOVELY lol

Hi

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I always thought/heard that actively trying to lose weight whilst pregnant wasn't to be done however Slimming World isn't really a diet... more a healthy eating plan.

If you have a bad relationship with food (i.e. eat 'junk' all the time) then maybe SW can help you change this before the baby comes along but still provide you with all the nutrients you and the baby need.

Have you spoken to your GP or midwife about wanting to lose weight whilst pregnant?

Hellooo

I do sw and im pregnant.. quite so.. lol.. lookin at my ticker.. and i've lost weight.. and i've been told that it is totally safe to do so.. as your baby will always tak what it wants first.. they're leaches.. lol..
x x

pmsl at leaches lol

Why are you dreading seeing doc? Stuff what anyone else thinks! Your pregnant with a baby that is wanted! My friend has a 5 year old (just) - twin 16mth olds and 5mths pregnant (was twins but lost one at 7wks)

I find the age gap hard lol. There is 2yr 3 mths between first 2 and then 15mths between mid and youngest. The eldest is full-time school and mostly the days are ok. It is feed and bath time i struggle. Plus i just left ft job after maternity and am only working part time now (childcare is too expensive for 3. Ok for 1 - not too bad for 2 - impossible for 3!) also my partner works 8-8 every day so pretty much on my own. Just try not to plan too much in a day and enjoy it. When they all play together and sleep in bed together it is lovely. Would like a fourth actually - but want my figure back more at the moment lol

Where in London are you! I am Enfield gal but living in Cheshunt :)

Kitteh - congrats hun! How much have you lost whilst being pregnant if u don't mind me asking? :)
Natalie - I know I should stuff what everyone else thinks! But just don't want a lecture lol. My gp's like that. Grr. Aww sorry for your friends loss. iii. She must have her hands full!! ;) as u must lol. I too am alone most of the day as dh works 9-8. I love it when they are both asleep..like now lol ..no..hold on...yep my 2yr old is up! Lol
Xoxo

Dont mind you asking at all.. about a stone and a half - 2stone.ish.. i dont go to classes atm cos im poor and my scales have broken.. but last time i was at my consultant thats how much less i was.. lol.
SW is reccomended by the midwife society.. =)
x x

I'm glad you asked this question cos I've been wondering the same. I'm trying to get to my goal weight by October (got 2 stones to go) and then we want to try for a baby, but I will still have some weight still left to lose which I would love to give it a go.

Like others have said, I can't see why not really, we're not denying our bodies food (which is what essentially is what a diet does) if anything we're eating better!!! Which is good for the baby, better nutrients, more veg, more fruit, lean meat....it's all good.

Btw....congratulations:flowers:

My bubba's pics are in my album if you want a gander ;)

Do appreciate the sleep lol - my 2 yr old is back from nannies and the 15mth old is playing with a shaker we just made with 2 ambrosia pots and pudding rice lol.

Is your 2 yr old nearly 3??

Kitteh that is great hun! Well done you!!
Ninja yes I agree. It would be a 1000% better change than to what my body is filled with atm. My diet is truely shocking lol.
Natalie sorry hun forgot to say I'm in wandsworth sw london :) my 2yr old is 2yrs 3months. So just turned 2 really lol. Aww home made shaker :) I love doing all the arty crafty thing with my lo, I think I enjoy it more than him! Lol
Xoxo ps, will have a nosey at ur pics now ;)

Well have them all early and close together - i think we should have a mummy and mummy to be meet in the near future - at a soft play or park or summit :)

Back