Can I take water retention tablets and laxatives?

Lana

I had a mid week weigh in last night and weighed 1lb heavier than Monday. I've stuck to it 100%. Its not the time of the month but LLC said she thinks I'm retaining water. A mid week weigh in is not something I'll do regularly but I went to change some soups.

I have noticed I'm not going to the loo as many times as usual and I drank 5ltrs of water yesterday.

I'm also a bit constipated which is nothing usual for me but its a bit worse than usual :eek:

Was it a different time of day for your pop in. If your uncomfortable with the constipation I would take something like senokot, not too harsh. Not sure about the diuretics, if you are drinking plenty you shouldn't need to take diuretics, not sure how it would affect diet etc.. Can you not ask your LLC.

It was an hour earlier than usual. I'm going to give them a miss until official weigh in on Mon when I can ask LLC and see how my weigh in goes.

Thanks for reply.

you can take dulcolax. Or I add psillyum husks to my crisps which gives them more bulk and I go every day now. The first few weeks you'll find you're a bit 'bunged up' until your colon gets used to having so much less to digest.
In terms of diuretics I don't know what to say I'm afriad as I don't know of anyone who has used them. They won't affect your constipation though and will have a negative effect on the amount of water you're drinking and the weight loss impact of it.
Hope things get moving soon!!

I would personally avoid water retention tablets - just imho - as you could end up in a viscious circle. If u drink your water it will sort itself out. I know someone who drinks less when they are retaining fluid, but the best thing to do is keep drinking as usual.

Dont worry bout your midweek weigh in :) sometimes my weight doesnt come off till a day or two before my weekly weigh in day.

Back