Green Days can somebody please help me!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Nicola1705, 22 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Nicola1705

Nicola1705 New Member

Hi,I started slimming world a week ago had my first weigh in thursday night and haven't lost anytrhing ,am I doing somthing wrong this is what I have on an average day:
    breakfast:porridge with lots of fresh fruit
    snack:alpen light bar and a banana
    lunch:slimming world quiche ,activia fat free yoghurt and an alpen light bar
    dinner:quorn chilli and a big bowl of fresh fruit
    syns:about 5 a day but only extras in food like tomato sauce,gravey etc ..but count them all.
    I feel like crying followed plan I think 100%,have I just got to give it time it's very dishearting when the 2 friends I joined with both lost 6lb and 5lbs and me nothing.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahevans

sarahevans Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Exante (recently changed from lighter life)
    Were you eating quite healthily before?? It may be you were following quite a healthy diet before so it might take a bit longer to kick in for you

4. Nicola1705

Nicola1705 New Member

Thankyou for replying yes my diet before was quite healthy food wise just had to many biscuits,chocolate and chrisps on top which I have completely cut out now.

5. sarahevans

sarahevans Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Exante (recently changed from lighter life)
    Alls I would say is then just give it chance!!

6. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should be having more syns than just 5 a day I think. That's only 35 a week.

7. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Where are the vegetables?!! Your body needs a wide range of different vitamins and minerals which fruit alone can't provide.

Also, keeping your syns low can slow your losses, up it to 10 or 15 and see what happens.

8. Nicola1705

Nicola1705 New Member

I am eating vegtables as well I do homemade soups and do add vegtables with my dinners I assumed if I don't have too many syns I will lose weight quicker

9. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cutting your syns down won't speed up your losses, and many people on here have found it slows your losses down.

Just up your superfree and super speed foods to give things a boost

10. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found that low syn weeks didn't help my losses. It's important to eat what you're allowed to (that way you have something to cut out later if you're struggling when you're close to target). I have at least 10 per day but aim to have my full 15.

Also are you drinking enough? You should be drinking at least 2 litres a day.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.