Can someone answer my question?

Hello, last year I completed LL foundation and lost 5 stone. This year have managed to gain back 2 stone :cry:. I really enjoyed LL but the cost of it is too much to start again. My question is to the people who have done LL and switched to CD - how did you find the change? Are the shakes similar in taste and consistency to LL? Did you find it as easy? Sorry, that's 3 questions!!
Thanks to anyone who responds:)

Yeah, the shakes and soups are much the same (CD even have a couple that LL didn't/don't).
I found the bars overall to be nicer, although I know there are some new ones since I finished LL.
Big bonus for me was the tetras, just gives you that bit more flexibility and convenience.
And although normally on CD you'd only have 3 packs per day, there are a couple of different options now and if you really felt you needed 4 you can discuss with your counsellor and it's probably do-able.
You even get your water flavourings and savoury powder - and as you say, the price difference is definitely an important factor for consideration!

Good luck if you swap over. I considered LL first, but the price to me wasn't justifiable. Then I found CD, and it has been great!! I went out in a top today I couldn't even fit into 3 weeks ago!!

It's such a good feeling when you start losing - well done on your loss so far. I think I'm going to give it a go - you all sound so positive on here!!

Thank you Dancing, I tried Cd about 15 years ago and hated it, that's why I'm concerned about the change. It sounds as though it's changed a lot since then. If I did LL again I wouldn't be back in a Foundation group, so the councelling wouldn't be as intense and it looks like I could get a good bit of support on here. I did phone a CDC this week, but we just exchanged answer phone messages so I'll try again next week.

Did the whole Foundation then went straight onto Maintenance coz couldn't really afford to do Development first. It was only after a 6-month break (during which I managed to maintain, yay) and was ready to make the final push that I found out about CD and it just seemed like a much better option for me.
Stand by my decision, there was something a bit evangelical about LL which I probably needed at the time, but would struggle with now I understand more about VLCD's.

I did LL in 2005 for 8 weeks, I gave up at my step-daughter's wedding. For me I did not think that the extra cost of LL was justifiable, my LLC was not very engaging and the counselling was to sit and watch a 30 dvd every week which I thought was a bit of a con. I also did not like the signing a pledge to the other members of the group bit as I felt this was pressure I did'nt need, for me it was setting me up to fail which I eventually did.

Over the last 2 years I have played with CD, never really able to stick to it until now. The reason:

I'm fat at 40 which I never intended to be, however I may have started my 40th year fat but I'm determined not to finish it fat.

I booked a holiday for DH and I, we go to the caribbean on Christmas day and you can bet that this year instead of being embarrassed about my size every day of the holiday, I'm gonna be there slinking around in a bikini having a ball.

At the moment I have a really stressful job that I hate, CD is giving me control of my life and is the one thing that I feel good about.

Big pro's for CD:

More choice of flavours
bars are nicer, I'm in love with the peanut and look forward to a bar a day
TETRA'S - THE BEST BIT ABOUT IT FOR ME, SO CONVENIENT ESPECIALLY FOR WORKING PEOPLE.
This forum, the most incredible support if you are struggling and an inspiration of each others success.

Just my two pence worth.

Sara:)

I did LL first and lost about two stone-but I hated the group thing. I then put a stone back on and now have been playing about with the CD but very slowly going down. I prefer the one to one when you buy the packs. I still seem to have spent a lot of money but feel confident that I will get to where I want to be eventually!

LL and CD are both manufactured at the same factory in Corby.
Hope this answers your question!
Mikki x

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

If you start on Sole Source/Abstinence you need 3-4 food packs a day depending on sex/height. You buy each component separately and charges vary between consultants. I am in central London and pay the following:
- Porridge/Shakes/Soups £1.70 each
- Bars £1.97
- Tetra Briks (like a ready made milkshake) £1.95

Minx

I am not 100% sure on this point. I believe if you are below a certain BMI and not on certain medications you don't have to have your form signed off by a doctor.

I didn't - I am not on any prescribed drugs and my BMI when I started was 33.

I am sure a CDC will be able to clarify for you.

Minx

Back