Can someone check something for me please?

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hello,

Can someone help me please, i need a syn amount double checking because im sure its not right, ive checked on SW online and i get this:

31 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy 31 Syns per package/portion on Green 31 Syns per package/portion on Original

Per 100gPer serving
Calories 160(kCal per 100g) or (kJ per 100g)
Protein 2.0 (grams per 100g)
Carbs 24.8(grams per 100g)
Fat 5.7(grams per 100g)
Package/portion size 385(grams)

This is for Tesco Rice Noodles and the info i have entered above is as on the pack for 100g. I want to know the syn value of the whole pack. I've had these before and im sure they were only around 15 for the whole pack on red and very low on green.

Can someone please double check in case i have done something wrong here?

I take it these are ambient noodles - pre-prepared rather than dried blocks? These are usually higher in syns because they include oil to keep the noodles from sticking.

I think you forgot to include the free food allowance of pasta/noodles on green. When I did it I got:

8 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy
8 Syns per package/portion on Green
31 Syns per package/portion on Original

Hi Circes,

Yes, these are pre prepared as opposed to dry.

Think you are right, i did miss the free food allowance out for the green/extra easy day - doh!!

So that's what ambient means! I've always wondered!:cool:

I always wondered the same Judi! I buy a lot of the blue dragon sauces and the SW site always says 'ambient'.

I thought it was refering to said mood/atmosphere when consuming such items :p

From SW:

Q: What is ambient food?

A: This means foods that are non perishable and have a long life (refrigeration not needed).​

Back