Can someone help explain the Extra Easy diet to me please...

I did SW a year or so ago and lost lots of weight doing the Extra Easy diet but I actually don't think I did it right. I just think I lost weight because I barely ate anything - literally, I would probably have one meal a day, 2 at most. God knows why but I was never really hungry! Now it's all change. I had a baby recently and now want to get my weight back down as I'm a stone over what I'd like to be. But I just don't get how this diet works. It does seem a bit too good to be true.

So am I right in thinking that with every meal, you must have one third of your plate containing superfree foods? And I must have one healthy extra a and b each day? If I'm right that you have to have a third of your plate containing superfree foods, why is this? Is this to keep portion control down or is it that the superfree foods somehow work with the rest of your food to help you lose weight? And with regard to syns, do you have to have these? Can you save them up? I would have thought that if you didn't have your syns, that you would lose more weight but a friend of mine said that a girl she knows did SW and didn't use her syns and didn't lose much weight. The person who took their class said that she should have them as it will help aid the weight loss. She added the syns, and lost more weight. Would that be right?

Sorry for all the questions. I know I should go back and join the SW club but I'm on maternity leave so can't really afford to go right now x

Hi Susan,
I follow the EE plan and u have to have a 3rd super free my consultant said its so u eat less of the free food on ur plate (not true in my case as i always clear my plate).

U have 1 healthy A and 1 healthy B my consultant says you don't have to eat them everyday but their there for you to have a balanced diet so i always have mine ,as for syns i always use the full 15 now as i did cut them down and my loses slowed but everyone is different and you'll have to try and find what works best for u :)

Yes the meals have to have one third super free no matter why the meal is. Even weetabix should contain a banana or something. The reason for it is yes it helps with portion control and it also aids the digestion of the other foods. Extra easy is the best plan coz u can have your roast meat. Roast potatoes and veg completely syn free. U must have one healthy extra a and b and u can save syns if u want to but weight loss may not be as big as someone who has 15 a day. If you can try have 5 a day and save ten that would be better but the best option is to have 15 a day

I think everyone is different. You def must have your 3rd superfree. I find that for me salad with my meals instead of veg gives me the biggest loses. Time and time again, the slimmer of the week in my group says 'I had my superfree with every meal this week' and because they haven't been, their weight has slowed a bit. so when they do, weight loss kicks back into action.

You should have your hex a and b. but my councillor says if u r getting fibre and calcium from another source it's not the end of the world. But u should try.

With regard to syns. I rarely have 15 a day, but save ALOT for my after weigh in 'cheat'. Again this would not work for some but does for others. U may as well try and eat the 15, and then drop then down a couple at a time if u start to struggle a bit.

I def think that this plan will work, but some things will work better than others. If u make a food diary and you have a good loss then you can compare them with other good losses and you may find a trend. It may also work the other way, u may see on the weeks you have 3 pasta meals a week you have smaller loses. I think it helps to get know your body.

Sorry for the ramble!

I

Oh no, thanks for the ramble :)

That's great. Just seems like this diet is too good to be true but the only sticking point with this over Weight Watchers is a lot more cooking is involved! But that's fine. I'm on maternity leave so when little one is asleep, I can cook!

I did SW a few years ago and lost weight quite easily on it, just started back on it Sunday with the new Extra Easy and still trying to get my head round it so you're not the only one. My boyfriend thinks i've made it up as we keep having all my favourite meals!!! We'll see what the scales say Sunday....

My OH cant believe the amount I can have to eat, he keeps saying how can you possibly have that much and still lose weight. He has now started also taking healthy meals to work instead of sandwiches every day. I keep my syns for an evening as I just have to have a crunchie 9 1/2 syns, but this satisfies my craving for chocolate

everyone at work thinks I eat far too much. They have 2 crispbreads, cottage cheese, cuppasoup type lunch whereas I have a big portion of the dinner I made the night before. I'm losing weight and they're not! So it's definitely not about the amount. I have lost all desire to snack or eat sweet foods apart from fruit and now I'd sooner have a packet of raspberries at night than a bag of sweets. That's never happened to me. So I say eat up and enjoy your food and your weightloss!

Back