Can someone help with SP?

Lil Pet Dragon

Hi,
I've been doing Slimming World for quite some time now and I have been going up and down like a yoyo. My will power seems to have gone out of the window. Now SP has been explained in the class I attend but I just don't get it. Are you allowed carbs? Or is it a total cut out? My trouble is I love my Rice, Pasta and Spuds. Does anyone no how to do a couple of days on SP and not feel deprived? Any suggestions?:confused:

I personally don't think that there is a way of doing SP without feeling deprived - isn't that the whole point of it? A very short-term boost with a very restricted menu, then back to EE with a sigh of relief!

Don't be afraid to ask your consultant if there's anything you don't understand. After all, you're paying for their support too!

In short, each meal is supposed to contain 50% "Speed" foods, and 50% Protein (hence SP). This could be as simple as an omelette packed with veg or a bowl of beans and some fruit on the side. Others find substitutes for carbs on SP, such as cauliflower "rice" and butternut squash chips. Look in your book for lists of protein foods and speed foods - they'll have a 'P' or an 'S' next to them.

The idea is that you avoid the foods such as potatoes, rice, and pasta, and stick to the 50% protein 50% speed food rule. The carbs you can have are those that are classed as a HE B, and on an SP day, you get two instead of one.

Syns are still 5-15.

For me, the past two weeks I've just thrown a couple of SP days in as I'd struggle with a week. But my advice would be to perhaps stick to an EE week, and try at least one SP meal a day to give yourself ideas for SP meals you like before jumping straight into it. I'd also advise writing down a meal plan. I personally don't feel deprived on my SP days as I stick to food I know I like. I don't force myself to eat anything disgusting. And because I plan my syns, they go well. Today, I used 10 on a Maxibon ice cream, and have 5 left for a hot chocolate later :)

Good luck if you do try it!

I personally don't think that there is a way of doing SP without feeling deprived - isn't that the whole point of it? A very short-term boost with a very restricted menu, then back to EE with a sigh of relief!

Exactly how I felt.

I lasted just under 4 days on sp.

I've managed 2 weeks on SP and actually felt more full and more satisfied with the meals than I normally would. I love my pastas and rices - and big portions of them - but managed it just fine cooking things I'd have eaten anyway. Slimming World Quiche is a great one. I also tried the cauliflower rice Anna mentioned above which I thought, while not a replacement for rice, was a great substitute and it actually was pretty tasty with the curry I'd made to go along side it!

Back