Can someone please tell me....

CherrySummer

Silver Member
How the hell i put a lb on? i've stuck to my points! and i've been to the gym 45-60 mins every fecking day!! i popped on the scales yesterday morn and i'd lost a lb was 9st 9lb now this morning iam 9st 11lb that to me doesnt make any sense what so ever!!!:cry::mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

I have put a lb on last wednesday i was 9st 10 this wednesday im 9st 11 you tell me how sticking to ww and using the gym every day i manage to put a lb on? lol cos it doesnt make any sense to me... i don't weigh myself every day either i normally only do it once.

I don't feel any heavier if you know what i mean thats why it a bit unbelieveable that i've gone up a lb rather than down a few? aggrrhhh!! im so p****d off. I haven't done my measurements wish i had now! Thank you for your replys.

If you've had a heavy session in the gym, then your body will retain some water in the muscles to help repair them. You can retain a few pounds due to this. I know it's upsetting to see the scales go up, but I'm certain that it will come off (and more) next week.

Ahhh right from your original post it sounded like the lb was from yesterday

Could be the gym? Have you used any activity points? Muscle is also heavier than fat. Do you take your measurements you've possibly toned up more this week?

No i don't use my activity points.

If you've had a heavy session in the gym, then your body will retain some water in the muscles to help repair them. You can retain a few pounds due to this. I know it's upsetting to see the scales go up, but I'm certain that it will come off (and more) next week.

I only did half an hour yesterday so not a heavy session at all? and i've been using the gym fo the last 2 weeks and i lost 3lb last week? so its really not adding up :rolleyes:

This happened to me when i was doing weight watchers last hun. i hadn't a clue why, but the next week i lost more then usual x

Well i hope it bloody shows next week!! just make me think why the hell did i bother to work so hard for no result?:cry:

isit poss it could be your totm coming up or soon? ... that can make you gain water weight :eek:

hugs though, you can do it!

Muscle holds more water than fat, therefore when your using the gym every day and working out the muscels then your holding more water in your body through that, you will probably find that 1lb gain is just water retention and will work itself out of your body by tomorrow, also did you have 'heavier' food yesterday? you may of stuck to points, but if you have a bigger meal the day before WI then you will find that the weight of the food sticks in your body for longer, that's why i don't like having a big meal or sticking to points fully the day before WI as i find it triggers off a gain for me tbh i wouldn't worry and you should be pissed off, i know its disheartening but within yourself deep down you know it's not a proper gain and will be gone in no time at all probably along with another lb or 2, read the topic on how exercising has proven to not help to lose weight also, it does help to tone up, but doesn't always mean weight loss .. well thats what they say anyway!

isit poss it could be your totm coming up or soon? ... that can make you gain water weight :eek:

hugs though, you can do it!

Yes you're right i've just worked it out!! i do hope thats the reason and i have a good loss next week!!:rolleyes:

I'm exactly the same. Been good and exercised 6 of the last 7 days and gained a pound!! So frustrating but can't complain too much since I had a huge loss last week.

if it's TOTM soon then that's why you've put on. You can gain up to 3 or 4 lbs because of TOTM, it depends on the person, so you might be having a very good loss next week! :)

Back