Tell me I can DO THIS!

Hello Folks,

I'm new here, but not new to the weight loss scene - I'm a single mum of two who works from home on a computer sitting on my tush all day. I'm also a night eater. I've gained about 3 stone in the last 3 years, since I had my son.

Up until 2 months ago, I had nobody to watch the kids and no hope of making it to the gym. Now my mum is helping me (i just moved back to england from the U.S.) and I'm finally tackling this problem. I also have high cholesterol. I'm doing weightwatchers, and really trying to force myself to write everything down - you know, the half a sausage from a kid's plate. 2 ritz crackers even though there were only 2, and so on.. that's what does the damage. it's so horrifying to see it all on the screen!

I manage to do about 4-5 days a week at the gym, on the crosstrainer, usually 45 mins each time. I was doing quite well for my first month but then I lapsed and packed pounds back on when friends came to stay. it feels a bit like snakes and ladders, doesn't it - landing on a snake, going all that way down, and then having to climb all the way back up again. it sucks! My new ambition is to shed a couple of stone before christmas. my original deadline was "by the end of the summer", but apparently weight doesn't get lost so easily when you finally decide to tackle it in your late 30's. If only those rotten visitors of mine hadn't wrecked everything! (kidding)

So, the long and short of it is that I've managed to lose 9 pounds in about 2 months, which to me feels pretty pathetic really. But I guess I should be glad about it. I don't mean to sound like Eeyore, but I think I just expected pounds to budge more easily. I'm struggling to accept that I have to possibly work EVEN HARDER at the gym/counting points to get rid of it this time. I've got at least 3 stone to lose. I started out at 16 stone 6, and I'm now 15 stone 10. My old weight before I had my two kids was around 160, 165, and I was happy with that. I believe that's around 12 stone.

So, long way to go... I'm saying 13 stone by Christmas. That's from 15st10, which is what I am today.

Is that a reasonable goal? Curious to hear what anyone else thinks. Can I do this? (this is where you all say: yes, you can!)

you can do it! I've also found if you set yourself tight deadlines, and you miss them it makes you feel worse. Take each day at a time. Every successful day is a victory, and worthy of a pat on the back. If you stumble, get back up and carry on - don't stay down and make it worse. There are some lovely stories and motivation on here. Good luck

Back