Can someone point me in right direction for Green Diary's & how to work out the syns?

debtin

Gold Member
hi everyone
I havent been on SW for couple months now - think i lost track along the way & was getting fed up with 1/3 superfree if i am honest. I felt i was always in shops buying fruit etc & got weighed down by it all. Anyway i know this was silly so thinking of starting again by mixing up the plans a bit more BUT i am so confused as to how red and green work and how to syn things - find it confusing in comparison to EE but want to try it - do i need to weigh food on this plan? can someone tell me how to access others Green Day diarys? many thanks in advance, need a good kick start & motivation - x

Well I do all green days so am a green expert ;)
Green is the carb based one- pasta, rice, potatoes, noodles, etc- are all free. No need to weigh.
Healthy extras can be meat or fish, as well as the others that you get on EE- cheese, milk, cereal, bread, nuts etc. Obviously need weighing. You get 2 B's and 2 A's a day rather than one of each.
Fruit and veg are all free, and you don't have the 3rd superfree rule- though it doesn't hurt to do that.
Syn values are specific to red and green. I'm sure someone can help you with red days, but there's so starter info for green :)
HTH xxx

Theres quite a few green day diarys in the food diary section-have a gander through them. I have to admit when it comes to comfort food i find green days best and also a lot cheaper! I used to do 95% green days but have been trying to mix it up a bit recently to try shift the last stubborn few lbs

It you have your food optimising book there is a green coloured page with a list of the green foods and a red page with red free food. And the healthy extras for each day are also there

And if you want to try red days, the opposite applies with regards to HEs. ie you weigh potatoes etc. Your book will explain it all. The nice thing is that you get two a's and two b's which is nice. Good luck with your change of plans, lets us know how you go on!

Back