Red Days Can this be right

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
I'm going whetherspoons for lunch - gonna have a chicken Caesar salad food directory says 16syns!!!!!! Really 16?!?? For salad leaves chicken and dressing (no croutons) x

Afraid so - the dressing is a killer, plus caesar salad has parmesan on it too. and they probably used oil on the chicken

Think the 5 bean chilli is the lowest syn
Meal in weatherspoons.

Omg this is crazy maybe I'll have the chilli then o cant believe that!! There's me thinking I'd be good sometimes I think I'd be better off not looking lol cxx

scary isnt it, and you can see how easy it is to accidentally go off plan even when you think you are being good. lucky you checked!!

Mizkirsty said:
Omg this is crazy maybe I'll have the chilli then o cant believe that!! There's me thinking I'd be good sometimes I think I'd be better off not looking lol cxx

Know what you mean on that one!!

Maybe a jacket potato would be better no butter xx

Thing is that's really not fair is it 16 syns for a salad!! It's crazy!! It's only 17.5 for a portion of chip shop chips on a green day!!x

dont have the jacket pot chick the consultant said she thought she was having a healthy meal jacket pot and beans and the chef said they r deep fried before they arrive in weatherspoons, gammon steak + pineapple with chips peas and toms n mushrooms is 9.5 on red and e/e 5 bean chile with basmati rice n nachos=4.5 on green and e/e the gammon with a jacket is 19 bonkers or what!!

Hayesy said:
dont have the jacket pot chick the consultant said she thought she was having a healthy meal jacket pot and beans and the chef said they r deep fried before they arrive in weatherspoons, gammon steak + pineapple with chips peas and toms n mushrooms is 9.5 on red and e/e 5 bean chile with basmati rice n nachos=4.5 on green and e/e the gammon with a jacket is 19 bonkers or what!!

The deep fried jacket is an urban myth! Don't have it just cos its dull dull dull! 5 bean chilli all the way :) they also do a superfood salad which looks lush not not sure on syns

Well I wish I'd read this first now :s I had grilled salmon no hollandaise with salad no dressing and a jacket pot no butter did have a Mayo sachet but now I'm think I'm way over syns if my pot was deep fried it didn't look feel or taste like it had!! :s is it just a rumour then?! X

Mizkirsty said:
Well I wish I'd read this first now :s I had grilled salmon no hollandaise with salad no dressing and a jacket pot no butter did have a Mayo sachet but now I'm think I'm way over syns if my pot was deep fried it didn't look feel or taste like it had!! :s is it just a rumour then?! X

Definitely just a rumour - same jacket potato as you'd get anywhere else x

I've picked up their nutritional info what I had the salmon salad and jacket and minus the Mayo (incl minus butter salad dressing and hollandaise) 675 kcals for the meal but 18g of fat!! So I doubt it was deep fried!! Xx

The Caesar salad had 53g of fat!!!! Almost 3x what I had how scary!! Xx

it is crazy isnt it the dressed salads in mcdonalds n burger king etc are often higher or as high as a basic burger and sorry for scare if theyre not deep fried and nice to know as i used to enjoy them lol

Beegee said:
That's absolutely ridiculous for a salad which is generally perceived to be a healthy choice! How irresponsible of them.

I think the fact you can find out the amount of fat in their food is a good thing - Weatherspoons can be accused of many things, but not sure i agree that they are irresponsible - its far more irresponsible to not publish this kind of info ( ala Zizzi, Wagamama etc).
I was there yesterday and have to say that i was impressed by the number of things on the menu that would be low in syns. Usually its quite limited on pub menus

Tis up to us to check before we go - as the OP did!

Back