Can we eat Spices?

Diddums

Hi, can we add spices or ground black pepper to the soups etc. Can you add nutmeg/cinnamon to the porridge? What about a tiny amount of coccoa powder?

good question! I always add pepper to soups it makes it taste a bit better x

Yeh thats what i wanted to do. There's no dietary info on the pepper i use so i would say its ok, but i'm not sure

Yes, you can add pepper. Not salt though. You can also add a little chilli powder, or mixed herbs (preferably fresh otherwise check ingredients). You can have up to 1g a day in curry powder with caution. If you do find that any of the above cause hunger, stop immediately.

Most should be fine. The curry powder can cause a problem in a very few people.

You can add cinnamon and nutmeg too. Though most people would consider cinnamon to be for sweet dishes/meals, I often add it to savoury dishes. Love the stuff.

Mmm I add cinnamon to the original porridge... but found out last week about the apple and cinnamon flavour porridge so my cinnamon is now redundant :D xx

Thanks KD and wannabslim, i knew you couldnt use salt, and thats fine with me. BTW i have hermatas sweetners, they have no calories/carbs etc, are they ok to use in tea etc?

You can have any sweetner in tablet form so if they're the ones I think they are then yep, no probs x

dont use cocoa powder though!
i put loads of pepper in my bouillon, i miss spicy foods :(

apple and cinnamon porridge??? well i wasn't offered that 1!
I'll be having a word with my CDC it sounds delish!! xx

Back