Can we freeze packs???

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
I want a ice lolly!!! I freeze tetras occassionaly to make ice cream, but I'd love a nice creamy vanilla ice lolly - please say I can freeze the foodpacks :) please, please, please...:):):):) Hugs x x x

I dont know but I wouldnt of thought so I'm sure I read they should be made up and drank within 15 minutes, dont know why though xx

You can make ice lollies from the water flavouring. I wouldn't have thought you could freeze the packs though

don't think you can hun...as says you have to drink the shake within 15 mins cos of loss of nutrients etc..so wouldn't think you can freeze it.:(

Id be more inclined to believe we cant because of the 15 minute thingy!

My CDC told me not to worry about the 15 minutes. I make my shake up in the morning and take it to work. Sometimes I have it a couple of hours later, sometimes in the afternoon. She thought it might be because the ingredients will start to settle again, so said just to give it a shake but otherwise it would be ok.

Hi Emma,
My CDC said you can freeze the packs and it doesn't affect the nutrients...that 15 minute thingy mainly applies when adding hot water to the packs and freezing apparantly does not affect it....I have frozen them before in my IKEA ice lolly thingymebob!! The chocomint one is really nice frozen. Just give it a try...its nice!

Officially, it's a nono at the moment, and that includes tetras I believe.

Did a post HERE

Hi!
My CDC told me when I started that I could freeze a tetra if I fancied "ice cream" Isn't freezing supposed to make things last longer and maintain the nutrients in this case, rather than destroy them?

Back