Can we have Beetroot?

sarahskg

Does anybody know if beetroot is allowed, would love to have it in my salad, or if anybody has any ideas to make salads more interesting would be great.

Thanks

I think it's quite high in sugars/carbs and it's not on the allowed veggies list so I'm thinking it's probably not allowed.

No beetroot I'm afraid. I make my salads up with watercress, spinach, spring onions, pepper, raw cauliflower, raw brocolli, radishes etc. I also use a dressing (although not strictly on plan I kepp an eye on totals in MFP tp make sure I'm ok. I love my salads!

No beetroot I'm afraid. I make my salads up with watercress, spinach, spring onions, pepper, raw cauliflower, raw brocolli, radishes etc. I also use a dressing (although not strictly on plan I kepp an eye on totals in MFP tp make sure I'm ok. I love my salads!

Thanks, which dressing do you use? I am finding my salads a bit dry and wanted to be able to make them more interesting, thanks. (Shame about beetroot, I love it:(

I use Frylight Caesar Dressing...yummy! They also do a Balsamic Dressing too. I think it's only 1 calorie per spray :)

To make my salads more interesting I use spinach and rocket along with a variety of green leaves and add herbs by changing the herbs it makes it less samey and boring

Where do you find those maka I have looked everywhere!!

I usually do a salad with some cooked greens added - cooled down and well seasoned. Often do with tuna and runny egg yum.

Pretty much don't mind them dry anymore, but majority of the time I have them with a mealpack.

Thanks everyone for the ideas, I will be trying them all out!!

Where do you find those maka I have looked everywhere!!

I usually do a salad with some cooked greens added - cooled down and well seasoned. Often do with tuna and runny egg yum.

Pretty much don't mind them dry anymore, but majority of the time I have them with a mealpack.

I'm currently living in Oman hun, so not sure where you'd get them in the UK. I assumed you'd get them off the shelf in ASDA, Sainsburys etc (???)

boohoo, I cant find it ...tried asda, morrisons and tesco! lol funny ay! :)

Maybe ask where to get it in a new thread? because I definitely know that I'm not the only one who uses it. Just can't remember who else does though x

Back