Can we split the shakes into smaller portions

gopi2000

Hi all, on day 2 and as a bloke I was wondering if we can split the packets into halves so we can average out 4 times a day ? I guess the same would apply to women being able to split two into four ?

I know its easily done, but whats the official line and does it effect the process in anyway ?

:confused:

I just called Lipotrim in the UK as wanted to check on costs. Its £36 for women and £48 for men as the portions are bigger. I asked them if I could split them and they advised NO. Its part of the calculations and the scientific reseach as to how much you should have in one go, so splitting it will not work and is not recomended.!

Gopi, TBH there are all sorts of 'rules' that LT make and not all of them make sense......in my humble opinion their research is dated and behind the times! I speak from experience as I first did LT in 1997 under the then supervision of my doctor and not one single thing about the diet has changed or advanced since then! Meanwhile there are now a number of other VLCDs on the market, back then there was only LT or Cambridge Diet, and none of them is as strict as LT though they promise the same weight loss!

There are a number of people on here, myself included who maybe bend the rules a bit and are still having great losses. Some people may call it cheating but, hey, if it works for us and helps us stick to the diet in the long term, so two fingers to LT! Even my pharmacist is totally supportive!

I would split the packs if I wanted to! Personally I have low-cal squash in my water (I've counted the carbs) and a cup of bouillon nearly every evening to get me through the time between lunch and supper as I like to 'eat' with my OH as usual but find it easier to cook if I have something to sip....of course, I would usually be nibbling and tasting as I was cooking dinner!

Good luck!

You are defo allowed to split the packs! Just make sure you only make up the shake 1/2 the powder and save the other half of the powder for later. You can't make up a shake and leave it for a while - i think maybe when you spoke to LT they might've got that confused.

It's up to you when and how you take your shakes. It's nothing to do with how much nutrients you need in one go it's all about the nutrients for the entire day :)

There you go Gobi, if Tanya says it's ok then it is! Look at her stats......she's an authority on LT and has the body to prove it!

Thx Tanya, I'm glad that you keep an eye on us all over here x

There you go Gobi, if Tanya says it's ok then it is! Look at her stats......she's an authority on LT and has the body to prove it!

:giggle: :) x

Seriously Tanya - you're my hero! I showed my OH your before and after pictures....he was, like, woarrrrrr, I told him to get down, he's old enough to be your dad! x

Seriously Tanya - you're my hero! I showed my OH your before and after pictures....he was, like, woarrrrrr, I told him to get down, he's old enough to be your dad! x

:eek: :eek: LOL!!!

Before and after pics are great - are you taking pics along your journey? They really help you realise just how far you have come :) x

Yup, I've put a couple on here, was totally horrified when I took them but feeling a lot better now! I actually bought two new pairs of trackies from Marks today in a size 12! Ok they're a wee bit snug but what was the point of buying the 14's when they're going to be too big in a few weeks?

Can I ask, when did you go blonde? It really suits you!

Yup, I've put a couple on here, was totally horrified when I took them but feeling a lot better now! I actually bought two new pairs of trackies from Marks today in a size 12! Ok they're a wee bit snug but what was the point of buying the 14's when they're going to be too big in a few weeks?

Can I ask, when did you go blonde? It really suits you!

That is indeed the whole point! I wore my size 22 jeans for weeks and weeks - i just didnt wana spend money when i knew i'd be out of them again soon! lol

I've been blonde for years and years. I went dark for about a year but that was only because i had to wait for the colour to grow out before i could go back to blonde. Recently though i'm getting blonder and blonder everytime i have my roots done ;) hehe I shall go check out yer pics now! xx

This forum is excellent so I had to join.... I start my lipotrim tomorrow and I'm very excited.... Wish me luck people haha

Back