Can you drink too much water?

lindsay88

Silver Member
Well i'm not long in from WI and i gained 1.5lbs, it really want expected, i know i should have stayed for group but sneaked out in tears i'm gutted. I have been good all week, maybe i ate too much free food, but i also drank a lot of water, i thought it was good for you! I drink between 3 and 4 litres a day do you think its possible to be retaining water? Does anyone else find the amount of water they drink makes a difference?

Sorry just needed a rant really gutted it was only my 2nd weigh in. xx

i dont recommend drinking more than 3litres a day for other reasons.. but water wont make you gain weight, unless you drank that much today? i drink 2ltrs + a day, but wouldnt drink that on WI day, and wouldnt tend to eat or drink after 1pm (WI at 6:30)

Water can only enhance your weightloss, not add too it.. and if your retaining water the best way to deal with that is to drink more. Esp after holidays etc.

Do you ahve a food blog? x

I'm no expert, or medic, but I do recall once an article, or mayb e a TV piece which recommended drinking your weight in pounds in fluid ounces of water.

So few of us drink sufficient water, e.g. f you weigh 140lb the drink 140 fl oz of water or 7 pints or 3.312 litres - I think that is quite a bit, but it went on to say how we are all under-hydrated and that amount of course is spread over the day.

Back