CAN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH WATER

chalack

Hi im wanting to know if u can actually drink too much water? Im on cd and im drinking about 10 x 750 ml water a day, is that too much?

if i've worked it out right its 6.5ltrs

I think 750ml is three quarters of a litre.

I personally think 3-4Lt is good water consumption.

I know some do drink 6-8Lt but it is not something I would advise, unless you have always drunk that amount and happy to do so.

1 3/4 pints = 1 litre if that helps anyone who still works in imperial measurements.

4 pints ensures you have over the recommended 2 1/2 litres the CD book says.

:)

10 x 750 ml = 7.5 litres.

Cambridge recommend 2.25 litres to 4 litres a day for the average person doing average things.

If you're extra tall, extra heavy, have a very energetic day or it's very hot weather, you need more rather than less.

If the opposite is true of you, then you probably need the smaller amount.

However much you have, drink it regularly throughout the day, rather than glugging it, which will go straight through you, causing endless trips to the loo and do you very little good!

I'm 5'10", and drink about 3 litres of fizzy water a day with food, or 6 litres on sole source.

I think 7.5 litres is probably too much.

I have no idea how you manage that amount, some days if I am busy or warm I can manage 3-4 litres but only once have I had 5 litres.

Sometimes I am great with the water, other times I have to remind myself.

Morning all. Second thoughts in red:
10 x 750 ml = 7.5 litres.

Cambridge recommend 2.25 litres to 4 litres minimum a day for the average person doing average things.

If you're extra tall, extra heavy, have a very energetic day or it's very hot weather, you need more rather than less.

If the opposite is true of you, then you probably need the smaller amount.

However much you have, drink it regularly throughout the day, rather than glugging it, which will go straight through you, causing endless trips to the loo and do you very little good!

I'm 5'10", and drink about 3 litres of fizzy water a day with food, or 6 litres on sole source.

I think 7.5 litres is probably (a better word would be possibly!) too much.

Just go by how you feel. If you feel heady, faint or nauseous, then you either need more or less water, depending on how much you've been drinking!

i drink a minimum of 2 litres a day! and usually a maximum of 5-6 litres, depends on what i am doing! i will never go above 6 though!

but lately on a normal day i have 2-4 litres :)

It was a lot, but I guess it's just a reminder to keep a check on what we drink, how much and how often. Don't be worried! sorry! x

Back