Can you eat cockles/prawns on 790?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by onefatmama, 19 September 2007 Social URL.

1. onefatmama

onefatmama Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    The great CD, Again!
    Hi again,

Do you know if cockles are allowed on 790?

Thing is I have to have them with pepper and vinigar (sp? :eek:)

Also anyone know of any low carb bread/ crackers I can have?

OFM xx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    i cant imagine ANY bread or sticks have little enough carbs for u to get away with eating them but someone else might know better.

have u got ur yellow book? i dont think u r allowed vinegar, prawns or cockles either?? umm...someone else will let u know as im a bit clueless really lol.
  4. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Don't know for sure, but I would guess that any seafood would be okay on 790 as it tends to be low carb, low fat, and is mainly protein. I suppose it depends what they have done to it and/or added to it since it was caught. Only sure way is to check the label and check that they are low-carb .... e.g. Fresh Tiger Prawns from Asda are NIL carbohydrate.

Pepper is okay, though I am not sure about the vinegar .....

As for low-carb bread, crackers ..... not sure they exist really, certainly none suitable for the early stages on CD (790). There are breads that are better for you (low GL) once you are maintaining though, such as Nairns Oatcakes, Rye Bread etc etc
  5. julesrush

julesrush Norwich CDC

Balsamic vinegar is fine on 790 , it is in the yellow book at the bottom of the pagex

cdc norwich
  6. Mrs Roch

Mrs Roch Silver Member

Cambridge Diet
    I would have thought if you can have pickled red cabbage on AAM that a small amount of vinegar would be fine. You can also have prawns on AAM so would have thought them ok on 790.

I would steer clear of bread and crackers...

H x
  7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

dont know but hope soxx
  8. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    I have prawns at least once a week, both on AAMW and now on 790.

Cannot understand not being able to have vinegar when we can have pickled cabbage as one of the 'official' vegetables, though.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.