Can you eat cockles/prawns on 790?

onefatmama

Hi again,

Do you know if cockles are allowed on 790?

Thing is I have to have them with pepper and vinigar (sp? :eek:)

Also anyone know of any low carb bread/ crackers I can have?

thanks

OFM xx

i cant imagine ANY bread or sticks have little enough carbs for u to get away with eating them but someone else might know better.

have u got ur yellow book? i dont think u r allowed vinegar, prawns or cockles either?? umm...someone else will let u know as im a bit clueless really lol.

Don't know for sure, but I would guess that any seafood would be okay on 790 as it tends to be low carb, low fat, and is mainly protein. I suppose it depends what they have done to it and/or added to it since it was caught. Only sure way is to check the label and check that they are low-carb .... e.g. Fresh Tiger Prawns from Asda are NIL carbohydrate.

Pepper is okay, though I am not sure about the vinegar .....

As for low-carb bread, crackers ..... not sure they exist really, certainly none suitable for the early stages on CD (790). There are breads that are better for you (low GL) once you are maintaining though, such as Nairns Oatcakes, Rye Bread etc etc

I would have thought if you can have pickled red cabbage on AAM that a small amount of vinegar would be fine. You can also have prawns on AAM so would have thought them ok on 790.

I would steer clear of bread and crackers...

H x

I have prawns at least once a week, both on AAMW and now on 790.

Cannot understand not being able to have vinegar when we can have pickled cabbage as one of the 'official' vegetables, though.

Back