Extra Easy Can you eat too much??

I agree that I think the plan works better if the 1/3 superfree is incorporated with your meal and this is what I try and do but to be honest it's not always possible without forcing yourself to eat stuff you don't want....for example if I want beans on toast using my bread from my healthy b then that is what I want...no veg in it but occassionally it's only that that will hit the spot.

I think by saying you can have your 1/3 superfree over the day is gong to make it more open to abuse from people who are not really focussing on trying to learn to eat healthy for the longterm, but, for those that understand the plan and realise that the 1/3 superfree is imperative to the losses then it does mean no feeling of guilt when you have an occasional meal without it ;)

Sorry but this defeats the purpose of including the superfree foods as it does nothing to limit your consumption of free foods at meal times.

I usually only ever eat at mealtimes so yes, it does limit my consumption of free foods at mealtimes. :)

I guess they are really trying to walk a fine line between making a simple to follow plan that naturally limits your ability to overeat high calorie food without weighing, that doesnt end up being too prescriptive and inflexible.

I suppose the 1/3 superfree with each meal is something to aim to have more often than not, but to not beat yourself up over it if its not possible.

In fairness, even some of their own meal suggestions don't follow the rule - the "7 Days to Success" booklet I got when I joined last year has a meal suggestion of fish, chips and mushy peas - no superfree in that meal.

As always in these cases, there's a certain amount of common sense to be applied - you arent going to suddenly put on 5lbs if you have beans on toast one day, but conversely, if you eat 50/50 carbs and protein every day for a week, its probably going to affect your losses.

When I've been on EE and haven't wanted fruit/ veg with a meal I've left a third of my plate free, and then when I've next felt hungry I've had some kind of superfree food, like an apple, rather than reaching for more free food.

Back