Can you have Atkins bars when doing Cambridge Diet?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Wendie, 10 May 2010 Social URL.

1. Wendie

Wendie New Member

Start Weight:
    17st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am doing the Cambridge diet but get a bit bored with the bars. Can you have Atkins bars whilst on it and remain in ketosis.

I also found sugar less belgium milk chocolate bars that are low in carbs. Does anyone know if I would stay in ketosis if I had one of these?

Thanks

Wendie xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. minxie

minxie One day at a time!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.76%)
    Diet:
    Low carbs
    Wouldn't have thought so but maybe a CDC can help.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It could be a problem, it might not be. Depends on your carb tolerance level. I know the hidden carbs in those bars can stall people.

Even if it kept you in ketosis, it would still mean that your weight loss could be compromised because of the added calories.

Remember that it's not ketosis itself that gives us the weight loss but the reduction in calories. Eat too much and still be in ketosis but gain weight.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.