Can you help a fantastic cause?

kamiknix

Silver Member
As a volunteer for the Breast Cancer Campaign a very worthy cause I was wondering if I could ask you all to help.....

The Charity is asking for Volunteers & friends to support the following events....

The Hydro Active Challenge at Hyde Park on Sunday 3rd September 2006 8am-1pm (also in Liverpool & Birmingham). They ask that you come along and make loads noise to cheer on al the runners!

Also....At Asda stores all over the UK on Thursday 21st September and Saturday 7th October 2006. Where you would be asked either to help with the collections or sell tea & cakes for the Tickled Pink campaign that Asda run, BCC being one of the chosen charities to benefit this year.

If you are interested please contact me via this site and I will email you the application form along with the request for your t-shirt size which is provided by the Charity.

I can promise you a great day where you will come home feeling you have done something very worthwhile as well as having met some truly amazing people.

Thanks for reading! :)

Kamilla xxx

You're right Kam - it IS a fantastic cause. You know my youngest, Sophie (10) is doing the Junior Great South Run in Oct (and roped me in to run with her :rolleyes: ) .... she wants her sponsorship money (when she starts looking for sponsors) to go to a breast cancer charity.

The mum of one of her best friends in Yorkshire was diagnosed with breast cancer and has had a mastectomy. It really brought it home to Sophie about the issue and I suppose she imagined herself in her friend's shoes.

When the time comes for Sophie to gather sponsors, I'll probably be on here with my begging bowl out :)

Debbie x

TYPE FOR CHARITY
Hello all,

Looking at the success of the past two days, I begin to wonder if we could walk across and around the world with our fingers! Theres something called www.whatpulse.org, its a site that counts the number of keys you press into your keyboard!

Its very easy to register, and setup is just as easy. To make this a little more interesting were thinking you don't have to join the MiniMins.com team, but make up your own teams to compete against each other!

A little bit of juicy competition is good and healthy! So you can have unlimited members in your team. Now, if any of your members defect, they take the keys with them to the opposing team.

Rules:
  • You can start a team anytime you want, but to be in with a chance you have to start before the closing date which is December 31st.
  • You must register by replying to this thread, with the team, and stated team Leader
  • The prize is 100 (one hundred) Sterling for the winning team to donate to their charity of choice.
  • These rules are subject to change so be sure to check up on them
  • Open to staff and members.
If you have any more ideas or, any suggestions, or need some help installing the software let me know!

Pierce

Debbie, count me in for sponsoring Sophie!

Mini, thanks for that link will sign up later.

Kam x

Last edited:
Kam,

just seen this thread. Please send me all info you have on events for the rest of this year. This is a subject close to my heart as my Mum in remission from breast cancer.

Lacey......xxx

Back