Please can someone give a kick up the bum!

Ponytales

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Please can someone give me a massive kick up the ass?

Ive been doing SW on and off for about 10 months now and I've lost a total of 2 stone and 5 lb, but I go through phases where I seem to lose focus and I need to get my mojo back.

For the past few weeks I have just been going constantly off plan. So far I have been "getting away with it" and chipping half a pound off each week, but because I've got away with it I think it's made it worse. I'm almost hoping for a massive gain tonight to try and give me a shock and get me back on track.

I'm so annoyed with myself cause I keep thinking where I could bve if I had stayed on plan, but then I put a chocolate biscuit in my mouth!

It started a few weeks ago when I had two weekend in a row away with family and I had a few chaets. I seem to have got back the taste for naughty stuff and this week I have been horrific - fish and chips Friday, pizza at a party on saturday, Beer and hotdog at the footie on Sunday followed by a chinese. Yesterdayu at work we had a buffet lunch and I ate loads of sandwiches, sausuage roll, scotch egg and loads of chocolate biccies. I just couldn't stop stuffing them in my face.

I have bought a new funky food diary to try to help get me back on track, and I'm going to take a look at a few before and after pictures which normally helps... but if you can please send help!!!!

Well the important thing is you realise what you are doing & understand it could lead to a gain.

Do you have a diary on here? I also take pictures of my food & post them in my diary, I find this keeps me focused as there is no hiding away from what I'm eating.

:asskick: kick up the ass! Lol :)

As Michelle said, at least you realize what you're doing, and that's the first step to fixing it.

It might be worth revisiting why you started doing this in the first place? Think back to how you felt before you started....you'd probably feel that way again, if you stopped now, and even worse, regain some or all of it. What brought you to this weight loss journey in the first place?

Also reminding yourself of how far you've come already! 2st 4lbs is brilliant, and is not an insignificant amount of weight to lose - use that fact, that knowledge, to convince yourself you CAN do it, because you already have!

When I'm in the place you are now (most of March!) one of the ways I try and get back on track is to set myself mini targets. I tend to aim for special occasions, and tell myself how much more I will enjoy them if I hit my target. At the moment it's my birthday 18th May, after that it will be Blissfields music festival in early July, and after that it will be my holiday to Spain in mid August. I set a mini target that represents 2-2.5lbs a week, so 4 weeks until my birthday, I'm aiming for 10lbs. I don't always hit it, but I know I've gotten further than I would have without that target to aim for, if that makes sense?

I also try and use little motivations: e.g. I've bought a lovely new summer dress that I want to fit into for Blissfields Festival (and failing that, holiday to Spain!) which is hanging on the outside of my wardrobe where I can see it every time I go into my bedroom.

Lastly I look at the success stories and pics on here, and I think surely if such a range of people in so many different circumstances can do it, I can too? Coming on here and chatting to people is a huge help too :)

Anyway, I'll stop my ramblings now, but I hope that helps!

Not sure I can help much as I'm where you are, in fact I think I ate my mojo!

Like you I've been getting away with it for the last two weeks but it's getting on my nerves now. We shall have to take turns in ass whooping! Lol

I echo what everyone else has said, also I noticed the quote you have in your signature.... could you maybe remind yourself of that everyday? It might help ;)

Thnaks gang.

Remembering my quote helped :)

Clair - I already have mini targets set - one to my birthday and the next to my holiday. I was totally on course to reach my birthday target but I could have mesed it up now. I have a little chart on my computer with two colums. One is the weeks and the other is the lb's and I colour trhem in every week after weigh in. Must look at it more.

I have written everything in my funky new food diary today so I'm feeling a little more in control. I can do this. I can do this!!!

Back