can you help? need a headstart please

soccermom

I AM A WEMITT x
Hi i'm Kaye and new to the forum, but was hoping I may be able to get a bit of help from you already lol

I'm not actually due to start the programme til wednesday as my nearest club is on a Tuesday night, the problem is my shopping day is tomorrow and as someone who likes to budget the spends for the week I want to try and get some bits in so i can start first thing Wednesday morning and see me through Thurs and Friday.

Its a long time since i last did SW and it definitely looks and sounds a bit different so can anyone give me some idea of bits I could get at the shop to start me off. Will probably start off with red days.

Is sugar free jelly ok...hate youghurt so mueller lite is definitely out.

Is mulitseed wholemeal bread ok (I have some in the freezer) or is something else better.

What cereals are recommended etc

What about pitta breads are they ok

Is cous cous or basmati rice ok

Any suggestions will be welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Kaye and welcome!!

Have a look at the food diaries section to see what some of us are eating on there and pick out the things that you like. I have a diary there too. It just gives you an idea of the things that you can be eating without feeling that you are missing out.
Multiseed bread isnt ok...you are better off going for a WW wholemeal bread if you can get hold of it. Cereals (depends on what you like), but you can have 2 weetabix as a Healthy Extra or 28g of Porridge and thats filling.
Pittas are quite high in syn values so for now try to avoid.
Cous Cous and basmati are fine and free on a Green day or an Extra Easy day.

Again, have a look at the diaries and make a list up from there. Im on a week shopping budget too and I do ok!! Lol

Good luck.

x

A few staple items....

Fry light 1 cal spray
Potatoes
Veg
Lean meats
Wholemeal bread, prefer a small loaf where 2 slices weigh approx 57g. You can get warburton wholemeal rolls that are perfect and sliced too.
Eggs
Baked beans
Pasta
Rice
Passata
Tinned tomatoes
Herbs and spices

Just to name a few lol x

Those are a few base items that I can't live with out. Eggs are free so scramble away, potatoes are so versatile and can also make free slimming world chips. Potatoes and pasta are free on green days but there will be options available to you.

I also find passata and tinned tomatoes are great bases for bolognese sauces and currys.

I always have bacon and mince beef as a must every week too!!! Lol
Cant go wrong with bacon and eggs and also a bolognaise!

Yep my staples are pretty much the same as above

Lots of fruit, plenty of veg and salad

Extra Lean Mince (so versatile..tonight i am making meatballs and tomorrow Homemade Burgers..mmmmm)
Eggs
Chicken
Bacon
Ham
Pasta
Rice
Potatoes
Herbs
Spices
Tinned Tomatoes
Wholemeal Bread / Rolls

Low Syn Snacks: Quavers, Skips, Curly Wurly, Freddo Frogs , Mikados, ;)

Welcome to Minimins and hope you ahve a great first week!

Hi! The same question came up recently so if you do a search on the words shopping list you'll find a huge list of SW essentials to think about getting.

Good luck!

Hi! The same question came up recently so if you do a search on the words shopping list you'll find a huge list of SW essentials to think about getting.

Good luck!

thanks will do a search for that, never thought of doing that :D always looking for a shortcut ;)

Back