Can you help with extra easy?

I haven't been a member of slimming world for years but trying to follow. I still use red and green days but my friend has tried explaining extra easy but I'm still confused.
On EE can you eat ANY free food from red and green together?Or do the food have to the ones that are HE on the other day? ie can you eat white rice/pasta with meat?
I started what was going to be a red day yesterday. so had fruit and yoghurt for lunch, a chicken, bacon and salad sandwich for lunch and then plans changed and we ended up staying out and had curry for dinner. I chose badly and had a chicken makhani. So if this was an EE day could I have the rice free? The chicken free? And just count the sauce? So makhani is 14.5 syns so if I had the chicken free it might be about 8.5 - approx?
Am I right?

Thanks beekeeper. i find it really hard to believe after so long of having quorn on a green day and no potatoes on a red day

Not completely sure about how you would syn the curry I'm afraid, but you have got the right idea about Extra Easy. With EE you can eat as much as you like of the free foods that come under the red/green day categories, and you can eat them together in a meal. So for example you could have grilled chicken with a baked potato or beef stew with rice. But you also have to make sure that 1/3 of your plate is made up of superfree foods (fruit or veg). So maybe steamed veggies or a salad. Also on EE you can only have 1 HeA and 1 HeB, whereas on red/green you are allowed up to 2 of each.

Hope this helps a bit :D

All free foods from the red and green are free on EE.

Just one healthy A section and 1 healthy B section on EE.

For syns you take the lowest syn value if they differ for red and green.

So if this was an EE day could I have the rice free? The chicken free? And just count the sauce? So makhani is 14.5 syns so if I had the chicken free it might be about 8.5 - approx?
Am I right?

Both the chicken and rice are free if the skin is removed and the rice is plain. The sauce would be syns, and any oil they cooked it in.

Thanks everyone. I think whichever way I look at it I went of plan yesterday but I think I understand extra easy now. I didn't realise that a third of the plate had to be superfree foods!! (so my curry wouldn't have worked !)

Back