Can you mix LT & CD packets?

Toni

Back again - hey ho!
My other half has decided to do the Cambridge Diet, and is so far doing really well. I wish he had started 3 weeks ago when I did, it would have made things alot easier for me, but It's nice to have someone so close to you going through the same thing, and talking about it, and swapping notes etc. Its his first week up on Thursday.
What I was wondering was: would it be ok for me to have an odd sachet of his? are they virtually the same thing? I tried his Bananna one and it was GORGEOUS. The soups he's got are alot tastier, and more palitable, (I tried some of the sweet chilli one)

I dont know - does the cambridge diet work on the science of ketosis too?? If so I would say go for it - if not dont!! Because it could have all sorts of ingredients that would take you out of ketosis and that would be a nightmare!!

If you like the cambridge sachets and your husband is doing it would you not think of switching?

I would think it is OK, but I am not an expert. I know that calorie 4 calorie they are pretty much the same value. Wish there was Cambridge over here on the island. I love LT but have to admit to getting a bit bored with the choice. I don't like the strawberry and, as for the flapjacks, well i would rather eat nuclear waste. lol Julia x

lol @nuclear waste!! I haven't tried them yet!

I think it is the same principle with being in ketosis yes, but I didn't want to do it just incase.... maybe I would switch if I had a longer way to go, but It was more for just a refreshing change :rolleyes: xxx

I haven't tried the flapjacks either, my pharmacist advised against them as he said they tasted like carpet! I wouldn't mix the diets without first consulting your pharmacist. My hunch is that you won't be able to do it. The point of the lipotrim shakes/soups is that they are platable but not enjoyable - this serves two purposes, to wean us off our addiction to food and so that we dont drink three shakes in one go cos they are nice. I'd check it out if I were you hun x

Chrickey, I can barely drink one drink in one go, and I find them quite nice!!! lol x

I haven't tried the flapjacks either, my pharmacist advised against them as he said they tasted like carpet! I wouldn't mix the diets without first consulting your pharmacist. My hunch is that you won't be able to do it. The point of the lipotrim shakes/soups is that they are platable but not enjoyable - this serves two purposes, to wean us off our addiction to food and so that we dont drink three shakes in one go cos they are nice. I'd check it out if I were you hun x

The philosophy of Lipotrim is as CarrieS has said...

Palatable but not enjoyable to help break your connection with food if it has become a problem.

Both products contain the same ingredients. CD has three servings a day and so do Lipotrim.

Officially it is not recommended to mix diet products.

The flapjacks taste vile at the beginning to some people as the mineral content is more pronounced.

But after a few weeks on the diet you do not taste it and it is a change to have something to chew.

Having said that I know some actually like them right off.

I prefer the peanut one and it takes me well over an hour to eat a full one, just managed one half at lunch time with about a pint of water to help wash it down.:)

You have to drink an extra pint of water (I think so anyway, might be an extra half pint) everytime you have a flapjack instead of a shake and apparently they're very hard to get down! I like the chocolate shakes but not the other, I only have the chocolate ones - three times a day. I'd rather have a shake than a flapjack anyway, I think they'd be more satisfying

im on the lipotrim and my friends as just started the cambridge shes offered me some of her soups as she as more choice would this be okay and would i still stay ketotis if i had the odd one x

Back