can you still lose on vlcd when struggled on other diets despiting sticking 100%

lebody

about to try vlcd as have tried sw and ww stuck to them to the letter and lost painful amts each week the most being 2lb in first week .. been torture and so frustrating - im 15.10lb so should be losing larger amts, although in mid 40's now so down know if that's slowed it down about - im putting my faith into the slim/save products and plan to do 100% reefed/maintainenance but still worried still not going to work for me .. would love to hear if anyone else struggled on other diets, plans etc and found vlcd was the answer to their prayers? xx many thanks xx

Most people will lose well on a VLCD, though as always some will lose more than others. Your first loss will generally be the largest with people then losing about 2-5lb a week thereafter. If you find that even on this your losses are really bad then I would suggest seeing your doctor as there is always the possibility of something else at play. But good luck and I hope it works well for you.

This kinda rings true for me too. I've been to WW so many times in the past, always with friends and stood almost in tears while they lost 2-3lb a week and I a mere half pound if I was lucky. I'm on day five of a VLCD, 7lb down so far but the scales have stuck at the same weight for the last two days - I'm hoping it gets going again because I am so desperate to shift the first two stone - then I might go back to WW to retrain my brain to eat healthy again and be content with the half pound a week. I know my body works differently to the rest of my families, because we can go away for a weekend and all eat the same food (same quanities too) and my husband and two teenage daughters will come home weighing the same (or just a pound or two heavier that's gone by the end of the next week) whereas I will have gained 4-6lb and there it stays :-( It is so disheartening. I don't know what to do for the rest of my life, eat less and go without when my family are all tucking in, live with being fat, or yo-yo as I tend to?!?!

about to try vlcd as have tried sw and ww stuck to them to the letter and lost painful amts each week the most being 2lb in first week .. been torture and so frustrating - im 15.10lb so should be losing larger amts, although in mid 40's now so down know if that's slowed it down about - im putting my faith into the slim/save products and plan to do 100% reefed/maintainenance but still worried still not going to work for me .. would love to hear if anyone else struggled on other diets, plans etc and found vlcd was the answer to their prayers? xx many thanks xx

You're the same age and weight as me. If you stick to the plan it will definitely work. Have faith! It's hard going to begin with but once the first week is over you'll have lost a chunk of weight and it will be so much easier :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i can never do the SW/WW diets they are far too slow for me, I like to see/feel the results fast, I am on day 13 of the S&S and my parents said to me when I popped round yesterday have you lost weight?? I thought - nahh surely they cant tell after a mear 2 weeks?? but obviously so :) give it ago the only thing you have to lose is the weight :)

I have tried ww and sw too, I found sw to be really slow weight loss, ww was a bit more for me but again took time. You will loose on a vlcd, just stick with it :)

Back