Can you still lose weight on management?

clojo

I was wondering if it's possible to carry on losing the weight when you go on management or if you just stay the same? Or does it just slow down?
My counsellor is good but she wont discuss the next bit with us yet, and I can't afford to do development.
It's a shame that my bank account doesn't love LL as much as I do.
xx :sigh:

Hi clojo

I am yet to start RTM, will be in a couple of weeks. As far as I am aware may continue to lose a few lbs in RTM but it should not be assumed. Everyone is different so it may well depend on you.

Kat xx

Everyone is different, some loose, some stay the same, some put on a bit. Just depends on your body as Kat has said. I have lost a bit, but expect to end up at about the same as when I started RTM by the time I am finished. However I must stress RTM is the most important part of all of this, it is where you learn the real lessons to take forward into your new thin life, so if there is any way you can afford it try to stick with the programme till the end.

Good luck whatever your decision

Jez
xx

My LLC was very flexible but she did say she thought the ideal was to do RTM when you'd got as low as you wanted. There is a lot to think about and you don't need the extra pressure of needing to lose weight. I took her advice and was glad I did. Those in my group who still had a stone or so to go did struggle and I think I was the only one who made it to the end of RTM. However I know it works for some. I actually lost about 5 pounds over the 12 weeks but soon put it back! Doing RTM seems to be vital if you want to have a chance of keeping the weight off. For me this will be a lifelong task.

I know it costs a lot - it's a difficult decision. At least RTM gets cheaper as you go on! I hope you do what is right for you.

Hi Clojo

I agree. It seems continuing through RTM seems essential for success.
Whether it's just because those who do are more likely to consider the weight loss a long term issue rather than a diet which comes to an end, then back to the old ways, I don't know.
It seems that the people who maintain are more likely to be the ones who got to their goal before RTM.
Some people I know come back later to lose that last bit.
Some do lose on RTM,but most of us seem to lose a bit then gai a bit on the trigger weeks and evn out at the end.
Your LLC may be right not to discuss it much now because we are all different.
One size doesn't fit all!

hi
i lost some then put it back so at the end of RTM i was the same as at the start of RTM.
i would recommend doing it - the ones in my group who didn't have put back a lot of the weight they lost
daisy x

I am heading right towards RTM. I have no doubt whatsoever that I am going to do it, I feel that it is a vital part of the journey!

Kat xx

RTM is essential for the body to re-adjust to food again, it needs a gentle push with the right choices by the book otherwise it may wreak havoc on you mentally and physically.
However; yes, it is possible to lose weight without the aid of LL with some old fashioned calorie counting, or even by trying a cheaper alternative like: Exante or Cambridge Diet instead of Lighter Life - which would see you through 'Developers'.
:)

I'm definately going to to do RTM, even though I'm not at my goal. But I just can't afford to carry on at £66 + a week, so I'll do my RTM and if I still want that extra stone gone I can do LL Light later once I've saved up. I don't want to spoil the hard work I've already put in.
I agree it's an important part, thank you for all your advice.
xx

Back