Can you use Senna On CD Diet...

Dawnio

Hello ... I was just wondering if you can use Senna (Herbal tablets for Your bowels) or do you have to have the CD stuff...:confused:

Cambridge don't do a laxative. They do a laxative preventer, but you wouldn't use that if you had a problem.

You can use senna if you are constipated. Don't use it regularly though. Better to use a preventer daily ie Fibre 89, fibresure or psyllium husks. They are safe are safe to use regularly :)

So you can use anyone of these to stop you from getting constipation, will any of these effect the CD in any form...
Many Thanks

Yes, you can take the Fibre89, fibresure or PH with your shakes each day throughout the diet to prevent constipation. They wont effect the diet :)

Senna can only be used occassionally (if you have constipation)

Never use the Fibre89 etc if constipated as it will make it worse. Just use them to prevent it happening in the first place.

The fibre89 and fibresure don't taste of anything. You can either put it in your water, or add a teaspoon to a couple of your shakes each day :)

Makes the whole diet so much easier without the dreaded marbles IYKWIM ;)

hey I get the marbles!! thought it was just me lol.

I use dulcolax now and then but a doc on tv said not to use Senna to a dieter because, he says, the action on the colon is too harsh.

I get marbles even with psyllium husk!

hey I get the marbles!! thought it was just me lol.

I use dulcolax now and then but a doc on tv said not to use Senna to a dieter because, he says, the action on the colon is too harsh.

I get marbles even with psyllium husk!

Are you positive about this, because it should be the other way around. Ducolax is much stronger and not recommended on Cambridge. Senna is okay though :confused:

They may have been referring to pure senna seeds which are quite harsh as opposed to sennokot tabs which are quite mild.

As KD has said Fibre 89 is a preventative, sennokot is a cure, always best to prevent.

Should constipation occur though treat from both ends ie sennokot and glycerine suppository it makes things sooooooo much easier:p

I tried Andrews Salts which worked for me and I managed to lose 8lbs the first week and 8lbs the second week so I guess it isn't kicking me out of ketosis.

Back