cannot work out how to find points value

vickydink

Determined!!
The points calculator i cannot seem to get a right answer from it. Im looking at a tin of baked beans and have no idea what to put in to work my points out...

could anyone help me?

You need the kcals and sat fat or fat content.

The online points calculator is notoriously inaccurate though, its ok for an occasional thing if your calculator is to hand but it could really mess up your points if youre only using it :(

its only this once i want to use it as i am going to make up meals from the lists i have printed off already and from weight watcher meals

ok thankyou..found average points for beans, i am goig to start buying weight watchers beans so i know what im getting.

The beans are prett much all the same when it comes to points - usually 2.5 per half tin. I would really reccomend you getting your own calculator as it really doeas make a huge differnce to adding your points up and working out food value - there worth every penny! x

You can work points out for yourself if you are reasonably good at maths. You divide the calories by 60 and the saturated fat by 4 (if it doesn't say how much the sat fat is, then assume it's half the total fat) then add those two together. Round up or down to the nearest half point.

So, if something was 140 calories and 4g of sat fat it would be three points. (140/70=2) + (4/4=1) = 2+1 = 3 .

my boyfriend is dead good at maths so he can do all that if i cant b bothered :) If i asked him nicely enough im sure he would calculate a whole meal! :) love is i the air and all that :p

LOL. My OH is really good at maths as well. If I can't find my WW calculator, I get him to work it out for me - he can do it in his head - impressive!

How do you work out points yourself iam currently trying to loose weight and havent joined the weightwatchers plan because of low funds but wanted to work it out myself could anyone help explain to me?

You can work points out for yourself if you are reasonably good at maths. You divide the calories by 60 and the saturated fat by 4 (if it doesn't say how much the sat fat is, then assume it's half the total fat) then add those two together. Round up or down to the nearest half point.

So, if something was 140 calories and 4g of sat fat it would be three points. (140/70=2) + (4/4=1) = 2+1 = 3 . (as per Karenlou lol)

Honestly though you really need to invest in a points calculator, its the one essential for doing WW, unless youre a maths whizz and can work that out as you go round Tesco lol

I find heinz beans are barely different in terms of points so I just buy them. I have a points tracker...not a calculator but it does the same thing and i could not be without it.

heinz beans and branston are actually higher in points than supermarket own brands.. all sainsburys / asda beans are 5 points per tin, heinz are 6, and branston are 6.5 :p

Back