cannot work out how to find points value

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by vickydink, 23 August 2008 Social URL.

1. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The points calculator i cannot seem to get a right answer from it. Im looking at a tin of baked beans and have no idea what to put in to work my points out...

could anyone help me?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You need the kcals and sat fat or fat content.

The online points calculator is notoriously inaccurate though, its ok for an occasional thing if your calculator is to hand but it could really mess up your points if youre only using it :(

4. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    its only this once i want to use it as i am going to make up meals from the lists i have printed off already and from weight watcher meals

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You can certainly try but its really not great and you may find your calculations are out, which will mean your points for the day are over or under, which will in turn really badly affect your wi results :(

Oh and Tesco Healthy Living meals (which are LOADS nicer than WW lol) also have points values on them.

6. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ok thankyou..found average points for beans, i am goig to start buying weight watchers beans so i know what im getting.

7. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    The beans are prett much all the same when it comes to points - usually 2.5 per half tin. I would really reccomend you getting your own calculator as it really doeas make a huge differnce to adding your points up and working out food value - there worth every penny! x

8. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

You can work points out for yourself if you are reasonably good at maths. You divide the calories by 60 and the saturated fat by 4 (if it doesn't say how much the sat fat is, then assume it's half the total fat) then add those two together. Round up or down to the nearest half point.

So, if something was 140 calories and 4g of sat fat it would be three points. (140/70=2) + (4/4=1) = 2+1 = 3 .

9. vickydink

vickydink Determined!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(26.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    my boyfriend is dead good at maths so he can do all that if i cant b bothered :) If i asked him nicely enough im sure he would calculate a whole meal! :) love is i the air and all that :p

10. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

LOL. My OH is really good at maths as well. If I can't find my WW calculator, I get him to work it out for me - he can do it in his head - impressive!

11. emmablackadder

emmablackadder New Member

How do you work out points yourself iam currently trying to loose weight and havent joined the weightwatchers plan because of low funds but wanted to work it out myself could anyone help explain to me?

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You can work points out for yourself if you are reasonably good at maths. You divide the calories by 60 and the saturated fat by 4 (if it doesn't say how much the sat fat is, then assume it's half the total fat) then add those two together. Round up or down to the nearest half point.

So, if something was 140 calories and 4g of sat fat it would be three points. (140/70=2) + (4/4=1) = 2+1 = 3 . (as per Karenlou lol)

Honestly though you really need to invest in a points calculator, its the one essential for doing WW, unless youre a maths whizz and can work that out as you go round Tesco lol

13. Bananas

Bananas Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I recently bought a WW calculator and love it!!! Dont know how I managed without it before :D

Marks and Spencers' low fat ready meals are pointed too x

14. emmablackadder

emmablackadder New Member

Where do you buy the weight watchers calculator

15. lea8198

lea8198 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    84.82kg
    Current Weight:
    78.02kg
    Goal Weight:
    68.04kg
    Lost(%):
    6.8kg(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I find heinz beans are barely different in terms of points so I just buy them. I have a points tracker...not a calculator but it does the same thing and i could not be without it.

16. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    heinz beans and branston are actually higher in points than supermarket own brands.. all sainsburys / asda beans are 5 points per tin, heinz are 6, and branston are 6.5 :p

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If youre not going to classes you can get them on ebay

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.