Cant diet i love chocolate and crisps too much

Dint worry! We all go through this stage I had one 2 weeks ago! The best thing is don't beat your self up! Just try and keep on track for the rest of the week! You might sts or have a small gain! But it's not the end of the world!
I went crazy in the Chinese a few weeks ago. I got a bonus at work and celebrated by buying a combo box and a main and I got free prawn crackers and ate the lot! But I just went back to plan and only gained half a pound! But it was so worth it lol! I hope iv been some help! And good look the people on here are good at giving you advise :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going through one of those moments at the min chocolate is all that's on my mind and I've been eating either a milky way curly wurly or a fudge everyday this week not good lol. I find if u r bad it's best to forget bout it and go back on track. This is my 3rd attempt at sw and it's always because i Go off track then say stuff it and eat everything in sight which I do regre later. But this time one bad thing and I'm just gonna go back on track....well hopefully

How about using your syns for chocolate, and when you get the munchies for crisps, make some in the microwave. They're technically free, because it's only potato's and frylight, but some people disagree and say that it's abusing food and that they should be syned. I personally think that as long as it's not a daily occurrence, then it's ok to have them.

Anyway....

Thinly slice a potato, either using a grater or a peeler
Using frylight spray the turntable of your microwave, or a plate
Spread the potato slices out, then spray with frylight, and sprinkle with a flavouring if you want one (ie salt, chilli flavouring etc)
Cook for about 7 mins. But keep an eye on them as they can turn reallllly quickly. If they're not quite crispy, but on again.

...and that's it...simple!

Enjoy!

Paula xx

Oh noooo, apparently you can do them in the oven as well, but I've never done them like that, so I don't know how long they'd take....I presume the preparation is the same.

What was wrong with yours?

Paula xx

When and where do you find yourself snacking? I carry free/low syn food with me if I think I might get the munchies.

If the problem is at home can you keep those foods out of the house? Or if they're for the family put them in a big plastic box and put them on a high shelf. Keep a stash of low syn snacks for yourself.

Try not to think of crisps and choc as treats if they are sabotaging your weight loss, they are no longer treats they are the enemy!

Choc covered hifi bars, ryvita minis etc are HEXs & can help cure a craving for me. Use your syns wisely, a frozen curly wurly snaps up into small pieces & lasts ages.

Allow yourself crisps and choc if that is how u want to use your syns. Stuck to plan though for ur breakfast, lunch, dinner and have free snacks.

Then decide on your chocolate and crisps. A lot of multiparty crisps can be 5 syns (the ones advertising as 100 cals like quavers, wotsits, walkers fries etc).
Then go for a choc bar of less than 200 cals to be under 10 syns. I go for cream egg at 9 syns.

However recommend saving your syns for end of day or least one of them so u don't think had it at lunch but still eat choc / crisps at tea.

Also the alpen light double chocolate is nice. If you save ur HE (maybe have cooked breakfast or fruit and yoghurt so bot using He at breakfast) you can have 2 alpen lights as a snack.

I save my Syns til evening every day and then use them on chocolate as I wouldn't be able to cope without it! As long as I stay within Syns I don't see the problem and it hasn't caused any problems with my weight loss x

Are you eating enough on your actual meals? As I find I want to snack when I have not had filling enough meals. Stuff your self with Superfree to take the craving away, when you have a craving have a few glasses of water or squash (I choose the pear drops squash to stop me craving) Do as many things as you can and then finally if you still want it then have a small treat.

The longer you leave it the less you have when you finally give in. Also keep your choc in the fridge and break it in to tiny amounts so you only eat a little at the time. Also prepare some slimming world treats so you can have your fix without going overboard. I currently have the low syn truffles chilling and am looking forward to a treat of them later. I also cooked some muffins last night to have a treat. Also if you have to cook it then it is that much longer until you can eat it!

I just find when im infringing of the tele soaps time I make a cuppa and need something sweet with it, I had two rich tea biscuits last night so I was quite good but id prefer to try and not have them at all, I don't see the point in dieting all day and ruin it with a bar of chocolate, today I'm having poached egg tomatoes an mushroom on 1 brown bread, butternut squash soup and lots of fruit and a mullet light, then for tea I'm having chicken stuffed with quark(soft cheese) and spinach and lots of veg, and more fruit if I'm still hungry, I want to try and stay away from carbs for a day or two here and there coz its all I eat! X

it doesn't have to be ruining your day, if you stick within your syns, thats what they're there for to stop people feeling that food is 'bad',

what else would you use your syns for if not crisps and chocolate?

try not to think as slimming world as a 'diet' more a lifestyle change to better eating habits.

good luck xx

kristin said:
I just find when im infringing of the tele soaps time I make a cuppa and need something sweet with it, I had two rich tea biscuits last night so I was quite good but id prefer to try and not have them at all, I don't see the point in dieting all day and ruin it with a bar of chocolate, today I'm having poached egg tomatoes an mushroom on 1 brown bread, butternut squash soup and lots of fruit and a mullet light, then for tea I'm having chicken stuffed with quark(soft cheese) and spinach and lots of veg, and more fruit if I'm still hungry, I want to try and stay away from carbs for a day or two here and there coz its all I eat! X

As long as your within Syns you're not ruining your diet no matter what you use them on! They're part of the plan :)

Not sure what I would use them on today but I want to be as good as I can as I can't budge from my weight now gonna try and make them crisps tonight so will syn them, x

I have crisps and/ or choc every day, usually a curly wurly and if i'm doing a green day a choc cereal bar too and maybe a hot chocolate made with milk, i love walkers salt n vinegar squares or french fries, the ryvitta minis are nice too. oh and the choc philly is so nice on one of the ww petit pains (h ex b) hot out of the oven. i have gone through a phase where i felt like you and i gave up, and went back to eating lots of crisps etc and the weight piled on, so i rejoined started from scratch, if you make wise choices and plan your chocolate and crisps into your days, you can't go wrong :)

Slimming world is not a diet its a healthy eating plan that is designed to be a life long lifestyle, not a fad diet. take it from someone that has tried all the fad diets, and followed SW a few times got to where i wanted to be and stopped following the plan went back to my old ways and put weight on. this time i have lost 5 and a half stone, only 1 stone 1 pound to target :) and i will be sticking to the plan because i now realise i can't go back to eating the rubbish i used to eat, it's ok as a treat but not as part of my main foods. x

Back