• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Can't get it off!

S: 11st9lb C: 10st2lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 26.8 Loss: 1st7lb(12.88%)
Why do you want to loose weight? Is it truely for you? If it is for you & mainly you then you should be able to do it.. :)
What diets have you tried and what you thinking of doing next?
xx

Hi and welcome. Decide how you are going to do it and concentrate on one day at a time. And write down everything you have.

Do you need to go to a class?

Irene xx

Steph--
I want to loose weight for myself for one and two my doctor tells me I need to loose the weight. I think I would really feel more comfortable with myself if I did. My husband says I am fine just the way I am but I am not happy.

In the past I have tried Atkins and some others (no particular name) that other family members have done. About 5-6 years ago I went on a salad "diet" and was able to lose 10 pounds but after a while I got tired of salads. I am however trying to watch what I eat. I have also been seeing a nutritionist to help with healthier eating.

Once I get on track I just neeed to stay on track. I find myself snacking at times. This is why I need support and/or any helpful advice from someone who has been their.

Irene--

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I have been seeing a nutritionist to help me with healthier eating. During my visits she makes sure I keep track of the things I eat and how much I eat. It has helped but I every visit I see my weight fluctuate up and down.

What things have you done to loose the weight?

kae

gunna be a fatty for ever
S: 17st4lb C: 16st7lb G: 14st3lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 0st11lb(4.55%)
Hiya an welcome to minis

i think you should go down the 3 healthy balanced meals with fruit and nuts as snacks!

dont deny your self a particular food and eat 'bad' food occasionally and in moderation.

I find if i deprive my self i only want that food more!

Its a lifestyle change and you need to re-educate your self to eat less and more healthily. Its a long road to recovery and i have only just left the start line. However you cant focus on doing it fast!

Slow and steady wins the race!

good luck on what ever path you follow! I wish you every sucsess

love katie
xxxx

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
S: 11st8lb C: 10st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 25.9 Loss: 1st2lb(9.88%)
Hi and welcome to the forum.

After trying almost every diet known to man I have found that Slimming World is the one for me. That is because you can eat a lot, snack a lot (on the right things, obviously) and still indulge in some foods and/or drinks classed as a no-no on other diets.
Why not have a peep on the Slimming World section, and see how much people eat and yet never feel deprived while loosing weight?
Good luck with whatever you do choose.

S: 14st0lb C: 14st0lb G: 11st2lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
If you want to come at this from a different angle try a Pod Cast called "Inside out Weight Loss". It works on the way you see yourself & the premise that we all know the right things to eat so it does not prescribe a specific eating plan. I find it useful.

S: 23st4lb C: 10st7lb G: 8st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 12st11lb(54.91%)
=) welcome x